Will Super Mario 3D World sell Wii U consoles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will Super Mario 3D World sell Wii U consoles?

User Info: Weltall548

Weltall548
4 years ago#61
king_madden posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Its the bigger and better sequel to the fastest selling, and best selling, 3DS game. The answer is a "No duh."

3ds =/= wiiU

can you people please stop comparing a handheld to consoles

Why not? NSMB sold well, and NSMBW sold well.
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165

User Info: harvestmoonmike

harvestmoonmike
4 years ago#62
Let's look at how games in the franchises that are releasing this year have previously sold.

NSMBW - 27 million
SMG - 12 million
SM3DL - 8 million
DKCR - 6 million
LoZ:SS - 3.5 million
OoT3D - 3 million

So with Wind Waker 3D, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo is looking to have a stellar liineup this Fall/Holiday season in terms of best selling franchises. Mario Kart and Smash Bros. will hopefully continue to sell the system, but I don't think they're necessary for people to buy the system this year, a good Mario platformer is all people really need.

And that's not even bringing up Wii U Fit and Wii U Party, which also come out later this year (and games in the Wii/Mii series are huge sellers). If Nintendo were smart, they'd get to releasing Wii U Sports in 2014, because even without the system pack-in, Wii Sports Resort is one of their best sellers with over 30 million copies sold. That's the game Nintendo should really have this year.
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg

User Info: cha_fan1

cha_fan1
4 years ago#63
It will absolutely sell consoles. While it is not as inspiring a release as Super Mario Galaxy was, or Super Mario 3D Land (which had a top down Zelda level that made people abuzz), it is a Mario title, and there are certain expectations of quality with the franchise moniker.

I would have liked to see a return to the open world concept of Super Mario 64, but with that dismissed, I will still add this to my gaming library, even if I don't supplant Super Mario Galaxy or Galaxy 2 for it.
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.

User Info: Quesker

Quesker
4 years ago#64
Duh. Like the game or not, this is the big title game that will help sell units.
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will Super Mario 3D World sell Wii U consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived