Is anyone seriously considering buying a PS4 to compliment their Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is anyone seriously considering buying a PS4 to compliment their Wii U?

User Info: srsgamer87

srsgamer87
3 years ago#1
> Very few exclusives
> Even fewer original exclusives (as in, NOT shooters)
> No backwards compatibility
> Have to pay for the right to use your own Internet to play multiplayer
> Over 100$ more expensive than Wii U after taxes

There's really no reason unless you're a blind fanboy who buys for brand loyalty (and worshiping a big corporation is just sad).

What about you? Are you happy with just your Wii U?

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#2
Not right off the bat, but maybe later on.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: Chocobo115

Chocobo115
3 years ago#3
srsgamer87 posted...
> Very few exclusives
> Even fewer original exclusives (as in, NOT shooters)
> No backwards compatibility
> Have to pay for the right to use your own Internet to play multiplayer
> Over 100$ more expensive than Wii U after taxes

There's really no reason unless you're a blind fanboy who buys for brand loyalty (and worshiping a big corporation is just sad).

What about you? Are you happy with just your Wii U?

Yes, if PS3 is anything to go on

- More games thanks to better third party support
-The Exclusives are more varied and fits me better than what Nintendo offers at the moment.
- More creative games than compared to nintendo such as Heavy Rain, journey, The Unfinished Swan, Flower, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet. Looking forward to Beyond 2 souls, puppeteer & Rain. Can't wait to see that they bring to PS4.
- Never needed BC, you just use the older consoles.
-Ain't gonna pay for PS+ for online, will be paying for the monthly PS3, PVita & PS4 games.
-Considering the power of the hardware I'd say PS4 seem to give you more bang for the buck than what the Wii U does.

Now if Wii U is worth a purchase to compliment my PS4, that's another question, not looking that good right now, but maybe in 2015-2016 who knows?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
3 years ago#4
i could see myself getting a PS4 in 2015. Until then its Wii U, PS3 and 360

Honestly......all the DRM and $500 pricetags aside.........the Xbox 1 has games i really want to play :(

im not excited for Killzone or inFAMOUS. None of the PS4 games really impressed me graphically either.

At least that xbox game Ryse looks like something u can't do on current gen.

Project Spark impressed me alot too.

for me it boils down to this:

Ryse
Project Spark
Dead Rising 3
TitanFall
Killer Instinct
Forza 5

inFAMOUS
Killzone
The Order
GT 6

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
X

User Info: ssbmrocks

ssbmrocks
3 years ago#5
I was on the fence about the PS4, but Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, and inFAMOUS: Second Son sold it for me.
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.

User Info: Chocobo115

Chocobo115
3 years ago#6
@EastCoastKody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exl3PRTlv1U

Yeah I can totally see that doable on currebt gen.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
3 years ago#7
Posting crap like this just makes the trolls feel more justified. I don't care whether people buy a PS4 -- it looks like a decent system but I am content with my PC and Wii U.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: STN79

STN79
3 years ago#8
I'm fine with PS3 and Wii U. There's a ton of games i have yet to even play. There won't be a dire need to own a PS4 for quite a while. The thing doesn't even come out until late this year and even then it'll be in launch mode. Not getting one until i see something amazing that i can't live without.

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
3 years ago#9
inFAMOUS looks pretty.

but if they can make Watchdogs looks good on PS3.....they certainly can make inFAMOUS.

the reason its only on PS4....is to coax ppl into adopting their next-gen hardware. Not because PS3 is incapable of running it.

User Info: oldhbk76

oldhbk76
3 years ago#10
not for a year or 2, there will be a huge drought on Ps4 and xbox one for awhile, its the same as any new console, I`ll stick with the Wii U.
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is anyone seriously considering buying a PS4 to compliment their Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived