Total time needed for system update?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Total time needed for system update?

User Info: TheGoldenGhost

TheGoldenGhost
3 years ago#1
I'm currently attempting to download the latest wii u system update so I can transfer my files from my wii to my wil u, but my control pad has been saying "Downloading data for update" for 3+ hours, and I'm still only approximately 10% through the update. I have previously tried restarting my internet connection and my router, as well as running through both a wi-fi and ethernet connection, none of which have sped up this process. I'm pretty sure it's not the speed of my connection, as I just downloaded the latest wii system update in about 3 minutes, and my XBOX is playing online absolutely fine without any sort of lag or indication of a slow network connection. Is this normal for the Wii U? Assuming this thing doesn't pick up the pace, I'm looking at about 36 hours to download a simple system update. I tried doing this a couple of months ago, and also gave up because it went 12 hours without even reaching the halfway mark.

TheGoldenGhost
3 years ago#2
And now I'm getting error messages regarding being unable to connect to the Nintendo Server. Anybody know of anything I can do to speed this up? It's ridiculous that a game system takes an entire weekend to update itself so you can use it.

User Info: MotiJr

MotiJr
3 years ago#3
Sounds odd. At most it should take you 2 hours. Have you checked the error code you got, on Ninty's website?
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D

TheGoldenGhost
3 years ago#4
MotiJr posted...
Sounds odd. At most it should take you 2 hours. Have you checked the error code you got, on Ninty's website?

I typed it into the website, and it said it means their servers aren't currently available. I don't think that's correct, because if I resume the download, it starts right up again (but still makes minimal or zero progress). I'm at about 15% done, and 5 hours in. It was doing this exact same thing to me a few months ago, but I figured that it would have corrected itself by now.

User Info: MotiJr

MotiJr
3 years ago#5
I had the same problem but that was on launch day. Eventually I would be disconnected and have to restart the update which would continue from where it left off. If it is still running, I suggest you let it continue without removing anything. If it keeps starting and stopping, might be best to let it download in background if possible otherwise keep trying.
Apologies as I cannot be of much help.
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Total time needed for system update?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived