Do I need a Tv to play this system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do I need a Tv to play this system?

User Info: AxelPoe

AxelPoe
4 years ago#1
I am sure this is a silly question...
I have seen people turn on their systems and walk away with their GamePad.
Allowing others to use the Tv as they keep playing their games on the GamePad.
So I was wondering if I even need a Tv to play on this system.
Since I will be getting a Wii U tomorrow, I just wanted to ask this.
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#2
The TV isn't needed if the the game supports Off-TV play.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
4 years ago#3
when i first got tekken tag 2 i was in the bathroom with my pro controller and wii pad pwning kids online while i poo'ed
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Last of Us

User Info: biorock4864

biorock4864
4 years ago#4
GoombaX posted...
when i first got tekken tag 2 i was in the bathroom with my pro controller and wii pad pwning kids online while i poo'ed

HOLD IT! lol
Playing JP3DS 3D Sonic & 3D Altered Beast Bravely Default US3DS Fire Emblem Awakening Tales Of The Abyss

User Info: AxelPoe

AxelPoe
4 years ago#5
GoombaX posted...

So if the game allows Off-Tv gaming, I can use the Wii Pad as the Tv and a Pro controller to play?
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]

User Info: nickvd8

nickvd8
4 years ago#6
AxelPoe posted...
GoombaX posted...

So if the game allows Off-Tv gaming, I can use the Wii Pad as the Tv and a Pro controller to play?

You don't need the pro controller at all, you can use the gamepad to play a game with off tv play.
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#7
AxelPoe posted...
GoombaX posted...

Or you could just use the gamepad all together.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: QlJGamer

QlJGamer
4 years ago#8
AxelPoe posted...
GoombaX posted...

You can use whatever controller you like including the Wii Remotes on the Gamepad. I play 2K13 on the GamePad with my Pro Controller all the time.
Quite Intelligent Judging!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do I need a Tv to play this system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived