What API does this system use?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What API does this system use?

User Info: Pac12345

Pac12345
4 years ago#11
Based from what the moderators and build sponsors from the project dolphin say, Nintendo has been using Open GL since the Gamecube.

I see no reason to doubt these claims since they are the ones who developed ( and continue to work on) the dolphin emulator (which is a Wii and Gamecube emulator).

Since the Wii U uses a modified Wii API (Hence the Wii U's 100% backward compatibility), it's then logical to deduct that the Wii U uses a custom Open GL API.

User Info: Pac12345

Pac12345
4 years ago#12
AndrogyneTech posted...
Whether people are going to port or not, the API is still of interest to people.

For instance, the people developing games for the Wii U need to know what API they're going to be using. I would think it would be a thing of interest to people in general. Even with really old systems that ought to be a curiosity. People who develop emulators need to know what API the Sony PlayStation 1 is using, for instance.

It disappoints me how few people care about how their systems and their games work.

It is in fact a sad thing to witness. No wonder some people think the Wii U is on par with the XBOX 360.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What API does this system use?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived