Anyone else waiting for Megaman X2 and X3 on WiiU VC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else waiting for Megaman X2 and X3 on WiiU VC?

User Info: snae99

snae99
3 years ago#31
I really hope so. I have the X collection but I can't stand playing X3 on there because they used the PS music+sounds instead of the SNES music + sounds. I know it sounds odd, but I can't play the game without the superior SNES soundtrack.
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins and Peace Walker
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
3 years ago#32
The SNES soundtrack was awful, dude. At least the PS soundtrack used moe than one instrument.
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.

User Info: snae99

snae99
3 years ago#33
Absolutely not.
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins and Peace Walker
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening

User Info: STN79

STN79
3 years ago#34
@ DTY3

Well i'm more partial to the Snes versions music in X3. It sounds more fitting and matches better with X1 and X2 since those were also on Snes. I did kinda like the added cutscenes on PS1 though.

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
3 years ago#35
But X1 andX2 didnt abuse the guitar nearly as badly as X3 did.
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.

User Info: STN79

STN79
3 years ago#36
I don't know i've just always liked the Snes music better. The PS1 music seems too mellow and not really rockin if ya know what i mean. Sorta like it's been toned down and the beat is all off.

Here's a little video for comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aek_grG4tnk

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
3 years ago#37
rafiiilla posted...
DTY3 posted...
rafiiilla posted...
Drumguy posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
I got Mega Man X3 for my snes this year. It cost me 180 dollars.

So yes, put it on the VC. Prices like that are ridiculous.

Yeah I think I paid $59.99 for mine used. Was your copy new/sealed? Because that seems kinda high.

X3 is one of the more rare SNES games out there.

I don't like the idea of having the original games on SNES because I always hated the button mapping (I remember it was very awkward to dash and jump while charging the X-buster)

Then change the dash button to L or R. The game has customizable controls. All X games do.

is this real? ha! I must've looked like a complete idiot... I didn't know the SNES version had customizable button mapping. Granted, I was ~10 years old the last time I played MMX on SNES

Yep, it's in the option screen - along with a cool little sound test for sound effects and BGM. Don't forget D-pad left or right twice in rapid succession works for the dash as well. You don't have to use the A button or even re-map the controller.
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl

User Info: RHF

RHF
3 years ago#38
I'm not, because I've got this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Mega_Man_X_Collection_Coverart.jpg
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else waiting for Megaman X2 and X3 on WiiU VC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived