Digital Deluxe Promotion Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Digital Deluxe Promotion Question

User Info: Bowser05

Bowser05
4 years ago#1
Ok, so I want to purchase Pikmin 3 digital but I'm at an impasse. I have extra store credit at Gamestop that I want to use to get Pikmin 3, but I want to get it digital there so I get the day early access, get the rewards points AND get the DDP money. If I purchase it at gamestop then register the code on my Wii U will it still count as the 60 spent for the DDP or am I going to have to wait a day and just get the eShop money instead? Thanks ahead of time.
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...

User Info: ZeroArchery

ZeroArchery
4 years ago#2
I beleive you'd be paying the $60 to GameStop, so it would not apply to your DDP.
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua

Bowser05
4 years ago#3
Well does anybody know from experience? Because if I pay Gamestop for eShop cards I still get rewards points and I still get DDP...that's why I'm curious if this is the same.
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed

User Info: KinCryos

KinCryos
4 years ago#4
don't worry, it will count

accepted methods:

Purchase direct at the Nintendo eShop
Purchase a download code at a store
Purchase a download code at an online retailer

source: https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

User Info: AtomicMenace

AtomicMenace
4 years ago#5
Oh snap. Speaking of the Digital Deluxe Promotion... was I supposed to register something? I bought the Deluxe Wii U a month back and I recall being too anxious to play to find time to read pamphlets or other documentation that may or may not have come with it. How do I get this promotion thing rolling? I need to buy Luigi U soon.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
4 years ago#6
You do not need to register for the Digital Deluxe Promotion. You get points from the get go when you purchase downloadable games on the eShop from a Deluxe Wii U. These points are assigned to the Nintendo Network ID used (as you need a NNID to purchase and download content from the eShop).

You can check your points and redeem $5 eShop cards at http://ddp.nintendo.com

Bowser05
4 years ago#7
Thank you so much KinKryos. You made my day. That means I still get my day early and everything! You are awesome!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Digital Deluxe Promotion Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived