Anyone bring their wii u through airport security?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone bring their wii u through airport security?

User Info: LIEKmudkiepz

LIEKmudkiepz
4 years ago#1
I'm going on a month long trip in about a week and I am unsure on whether to bring my wii u or not (to play with my friends). My main concern is potentially getting the console/gamepad confiscated by security for some obscure reason. If that were to happen I could lose 7 years of memory (since all my wii saves are on it). Should I bring my wii u? Thanks for responses.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#2
uh i can't see why on earth you'd think that, its just a console. they'd treat it like any other console.

User Info: lt519

lt519
4 years ago#3
You're fine, I used to bring my Wii all the time for Christmas breaks when i was in college.

You have to remove it from your carry-on bag and put it in a separate tray just like you would with a laptop. They see it all the time.
Playing: Dust Elysian Tail, The Walking Dead, Rogue Legacy, NSLU, Luigi's mansion, FE: Awakening
Own: Gaming PC, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, DS

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
4 years ago#4
The Wii U can explode at a high pressured temperature.
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
4 years ago#5
I'd be more worried about it getting lost/stolen in baggage then security confiscating it personally

User Info: LIEKmudkiepz

LIEKmudkiepz
4 years ago#6
Thanks. Ive never brought a console on a plane before so I had no idea what to expect

User Info: Xenil

Xenil
4 years ago#7
Wii U isn't travel friendly.

User Info: Stink_Ape

Stink_Ape
4 years ago#8
I'd be more worried about it getting lost/stolen in baggage

carry on bag. The Wii U isn't big.
NNID:Skunk_Ape
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MXLXOt2.gif

User Info: lt519

lt519
4 years ago#9
Xenil posted...
Wii U isn't travel friendly.

Care to elaborate? No need to get him all worked up for no reason.
Playing: Dust Elysian Tail, The Walking Dead, Rogue Legacy, NSLU, Luigi's mansion, FE: Awakening
Own: Gaming PC, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, DS

User Info: MSeaCreasy

MSeaCreasy
4 years ago#10
Where's that picture of a guy playing his Wii U on the plane....

If you're lucky TC, you might be able to sit next to the plane's outlet and play your Wii U on the gamepad.
REALM OF DEBEBE PARTY ANIMAL
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone bring their wii u through airport security?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived