The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Any upcoming games using the gamepad in a meaningful way?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Any upcoming games using the gamepad in a meaningful way?

User Info: Murderstorm117

Murderstorm117
3 years ago#1
Because nintendo always says that people will jump on board the wii u wagon once they get their hands on the revolutionary new experiences only the gamepad can off. Yet its been confirmed that both w101 and pikmin 3 have bad touch screen controls. At e3 they didn't say anything on how other games will utilize the gamepad. Im guessing mario kart will just show a map, 3d land will just offer offscreen play again and donkey kong will just show a map or something. Nintendo had yet to have a game that shows off the potential most games will probably just show a map. So is that really worth the $350 when its still the same gameplay experience instead of the new one nintendo promised?
NNID Mstorm

User Info: dancing_cactuar

dancing_cactuar
3 years ago#2
Murderstorm117 posted...
Yet its been confirmed that both w101 and pikmin 3 have bad touch screen controls.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png/300px-Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.

User Info: FFXIgaiaknight

FFXIgaiaknight
3 years ago#3
Pikmin 3 doesnt have bad touch controls they work great for commanding your other captains. As for mario Kart 8 the gamepad can be used as a steering wheel like the wiimote sideways could.
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
3 years ago#4
a writer for IGN who sucks at video games (specially W101) /=/ confirmed
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection

GoombaX
3 years ago#5
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Pikmin 3 doesnt have bad touch controls they work great for commanding your other captains. As for mario Kart 8 the gamepad can be used as a steering wheel like the wiimote sideways could.

yea but the touch screen is a horn >_>

FFXIgaiaknight
3 years ago#6
GoombaX posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

im gonna use that feature to annoy the crap out of people online :) Side note how is your ACNL town coming along?

GoombaX
3 years ago#7
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
GoombaX posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

im gonna use that feature to annoy the crap out of people online :) Side note how is your ACNL town coming along?

>_>.............the mayor took a 2 week vacation and everything went to hell lol.

FFXIgaiaknight
3 years ago#8
GoombaX posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
GoombaX posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

>_>.............the mayor took a 2 week vacation and everything went to hell lol.

Ouch lol. I atleast try and play the game for atleast 20min everyday so that my villagers dont hate me.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
3 years ago#9
when did w101 have bad contros?

do you mean that idiot on IGN who coudn't play it right even when Nintendo themselves showed how to
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
3 years ago#10
Murderstorm's troll topics. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Any upcoming games using the gamepad in a meaningful way?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived