Things you never knew about Nintendo games until recently.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Things you never knew about Nintendo games until recently.

User Info: Rupin_Salesman

Rupin_Salesman
4 years ago#1
You can walk while looking up or looking down in Yoshi's Story.
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
4 years ago#2
Super Mario Bros 3 was a stage play.
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168

User Info: RiaanYster

RiaanYster
4 years ago#3
Omega_Black posted...

Read about that, and looking at the game, i don't understand how I never realized that. Sure, i was a kid and didn't look deeper into stuff... but it was pretty obvious.

User Info: CyricsServant

CyricsServant
4 years ago#4
Yep, the stage play thing. That caught me by surprise.

I didn't know about SMB 2's origins until years later . . . I think it wasn't until the Lost Levels got localized.

I didn't know you could steal in Link's Awakening until I finally got away with it. And the consequences are hilarious!

When I first got Star Fox 64, I didn't realize there was a "real" ending until my friends told me what to do on the train stage.

I also didn't realize Kirby was a mass murdering psychopath. That realization came with time.

User Info: blinkfreak

blinkfreak
4 years ago#5
CyricsServant posted...
Yep, the stage play thing. That caught me by surprise.

I didn't know about SMB 2's origins until years later . . . I think it wasn't until the Lost Levels got localized.

When I first got Star Fox 64, I didn't realize there was a "real" ending until my friends told me what to do on the train stage.

I also didn't realize Kirby was a mass murdering psychopath. That realization came with time.

You mean I've been playing star fox wrong all these years?

User Info: mhayes86

mhayes86
4 years ago#6
Quite a few things, like the SMB3 stage play mentioned.

However, the first one to come to mind was that I didn't know about the different versions of Ocarina of Time until about a couple years ago or so before OoT 3D came out. I always wondered why Ganon's blood was green in Master Quest for GCN when it was red in my N64 version, and I never noticed the change in the Fire Temple music or the Gerudo symbol until then.

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
4 years ago#7
RiaanYster posted...
Omega_Black posted...

Read about that, and looking at the game, i don't understand how I never realized that. Sure, i was a kid and didn't look deeper into stuff... but it was pretty obvious.
I never got enough time with it as a kid to really pay attention. I had also moved on to Genesis by that point.

Downloading it from the Wii VC a few years ago and playing through it, I realized "Hey...it's like a shabby play."

Then going on the Internet and reading other people's realizations was a joy to behold.
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Things you never knew about Nintendo games until recently.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived