A Pro Controller personal pet peeve of mine...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. A Pro Controller personal pet peeve of mine...

User Info: Threinfhir

Threinfhir
3 years ago#1
I feel everything is perfect about it except for the angle of the face buttons (and the exclusion of analog Z buttons, but oh well). I think Y, X, B, and A should be slightly rotated to the left, with Y being at about the 260 position instead of the 270 position, B being at 170, etc.

I find that when I play Mario U my standard usage of the Y to run and B to jump make it awkward because I feel the A button against my thumb when I jump. If I use the X to run and the A to jump I don't have a problem. This has bugged me during other games as well, including Super Metroid.

Does anyone else notice this or am I just being too picky? Thanks in advance for the input.
NNID, PSN, XBLA: Threinfhir
Currently playing: New Super Luigi U and a banjo.

User Info: Kimoosabi

Kimoosabi
3 years ago#2
Definitely not just you. I just grabbed a Wii U on the weekend, first thing I did was get a Pro controller for some VC games. Playing Super Mario World, I found that I kept accidentally nudging the A button, making Mario hop off Yoshi. Kind of annoying.

User Info: Threinfhir

Threinfhir
3 years ago#3
I just did a little comparison with my PS3 and 360 controllers. My thumbs naturally rest at the top of the controller which doesn't cause any problems.
NNID, PSN, XBLA: Threinfhir
Currently playing: New Super Luigi U and a banjo.

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
3 years ago#4
The pro controller is by far the most comfortable controller I've had. I've had them all. 360 are awkward, PS1-2-3 it's just familiarity. But overall comfort Nintendo got it right. And it's light.

User Info: hiphops_savior

hiphops_savior
3 years ago#5
Just got Most Wanted U off of Amazon (shipped it to a college retreat centre in the States), and I really wish there was analog triggers on the Wii U. The triggers are serviceable for most genres, but not racing.

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
3 years ago#6
Threinfhir posted...
I feel everything is perfect about it except for the angle of the face buttons (and the exclusion of analog Z buttons, but oh well). I think Y, X, B, and A should be slightly rotated to the left, with Y being at about the 260 position instead of the 270 position, B being at 170, etc.

I find that when I play Mario U my standard usage of the Y to run and B to jump make it awkward because I feel the A button against my thumb when I jump. If I use the X to run and the A to jump I don't have a problem. This has bugged me during other games as well, including Super Metroid.

Does anyone else notice this or am I just being too picky? Thanks in advance for the input.

Wait wait wait... You play Mario U using the Pro Controller? Did they finally patch that in? Should have been supported from the start.
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#7
mjc0961 posted...
Wait wait wait... You play Mario U using the Pro Controller? Did they finally patch that in? Should have been supported from the start.

They did. They patched it in when New Super Luigi U got released as DLC.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: FISSIONMAILEDGF

FISSIONMAILEDGF
3 years ago#8
mjc0961 posted...
Threinfhir posted...

Yup, I believe it got patched with Luigi U it works and you can use 4 of them!
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
3 years ago#9
Xenesis Xenon posted...
mjc0961 posted...

They did. They patched it in when New Super Luigi U got released as DLC.

FISSIONMAILEDGF posted...
mjc0961 posted...
Threinfhir posted...

Yup, I believe it got patched with Luigi U it works and you can use 4 of them!

F*** yeah!

Just got a Pro controller myself and was lamenting that I probably wouldn't get to use it for NSLU when it comes out on disc. Glad to hear I can use it.
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

User Info: cloudtheprophet

cloudtheprophet
3 years ago#10
My only gripe with the pro controller is the lack of headphone jack. It's a great controller otherwise
NNID: cloudtheprophet
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. A Pro Controller personal pet peeve of mine...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived