Do people honestly still think the Wii U isnt more powerful than the PS3 and 360

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do people honestly still think the Wii U isnt more powerful than the PS3 and 360

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
4 years ago#1
80/80
even after Sony said it was more powerful.
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection

User Info: the_cajun88

the_cajun88
4 years ago#2
Yes.

Yes they do.
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg

User Info: legend253

legend253
4 years ago#3
Some people probably do, even though it isn't true.
But those are probably just Sony/Microsoft fanboys.
GT: Lord Avon, SS: Lord
"Sidney Briar is Alive!"

GoombaX
4 years ago#4
legend253 posted...
Some people probably do, even though it isn't true.
But those are probably just Sony/Microsoft fanboys.

hell its even stronger than previously thought compared to the ps4 and 720.

User Info: huckbeine

huckbeine
4 years ago#5
if u want the long answer, it is more powerful and at the same time weaker than ps3 and 360.

It has a larger pool of ram, but the combination of the system architecture and super weak processor makes it shine on some areas but weaker in a lot of areas.

In layman terms, in games, u would probably see sharper textures, more shader operations, but the framerate sucks.

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#6
huckbeine posted...
if u want the long answer, it is more powerful and at the same time weaker than ps3 and 360.

It has a larger pool of ram, but the combination of the system architecture and super weak processor makes it shine on some areas but weaker in a lot of areas.

In layman terms, in games, u would probably see sharper textures, more shader operations, but the framerate sucks.

So that means that a lot of the upcoming games (e.g. Bayonetta 2) aren't even using the Wii U to the fullest graphical extent. Expect to see some extremely gorgeous games come onto this console.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: huckbeine

huckbeine
4 years ago#7
Transdude posted...
huckbeine posted...

So that means that a lot of the upcoming games (e.g. Bayonetta 2) aren't even using the Wii U to the fullest graphical extent. Expect to see some extremely gorgeous games come onto this console.

Well I suspect that Bayo 2 was made with still PS3 Xbox 360 assets, only with more shader operations because of WiiU.

but because of the bottleneck introduced by the super weak overclocked tricore processor. which i think 1 core is even reserved for the gamepad, we wouldnt see more beautiful graphics
but more sharper details and textures compared to PS3 and Xbox360 games

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
4 years ago#8
Really? This topic again? Didn't I already tell you to watch the entire Cerny interview instead of picking on a statement? He goes on to talk about the ps4's band with and memory and why it's better than The xone and wiiu

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
4 years ago#9
I'm confused. I haven't seen this brought up in a long time, why not just let it die?

GoombaX
4 years ago#10
ORANGE666 posted...
Really? This topic again? Didn't I already tell you to watch the entire Cerny interview instead of picking on a statement? He goes on to talk about the ps4's band with and memory and why it's better than The xone and wiiu

no one ever said the wii u was better than the ps4 you ignorant goob.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do people honestly still think the Wii U isnt more powerful than the PS3 and 360

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived