Why Wii U can't handle GTA V

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Wii U can't handle GTA V

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
4 years ago#1
It's simple. GTA V requires a mandatory 8-10 GB install. That effectively makes the game unplayable on the basic model, and only playable on the deluxe if you're willing to give up over 1/3 your usable storage for one game.

"But you can use a USB hard drive!"

You are forgetting that Wii U uses USB 2.0, which tops out at 35 MB/s. Real-world tests show Wii U's USB transfer speed at 14.5 MB/s. That's slower than the Blu-Ray drive!

Bottom line: the game would be unplayable on Wii U basic model without an external drive. And even with an external drive, loading times would be insanely long and make for a poor gaming experience.
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 13,230

User Info: The_Mana_Legend

The_Mana_Legend
4 years ago#2
Does PS3 have a mandatory install for GTA V?
What can I do to save Sony?

User Info: RobJ23IsExposed

RobJ23IsExposed
4 years ago#3
thundercat2600 posted...
It's simple. GTA V requires a mandatory 8-10 GB install. That effectively makes the game unplayable on the basic model, and only playable on the deluxe if you're willing to give up over 1/3 your usable storage for one game.

You are forgetting that Wii U uses USB 2.0, which tops out at 35 MB/s. Real-world tests show Wii U's USB transfer speed at 14.5 MB/s. That's slower than the Blu-Ray drive!

Bottom line: the game would be unplayable on Wii U basic model without an external drive. And even with an external drive, loading times would be insanely long and make for a poor gaming experience.

Oh no!
If the Wii brand was a person, he'd a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in 2006.

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#4
LOLwut?

Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#5
*starts facepalm wave*

User Info: soarcadia

soarcadia
4 years ago#6
thundercat2600 posted...

It requires an install? No buy for me.
Or is this ps 3 only?
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony

thundercat2600
4 years ago#7
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

Mandatory for both 360 and PS3.

soarcadia
4 years ago#8
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

lol. No buy.
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7. Games: nintendo>sony. Tvs: samsung>sony

thundercat2600
4 years ago#9
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

lol. No buy.

I never got this mentality of "mandatory install?? Stop trampling on my rights as a gamer!!" attitude. I don't understand why you'd want to run a gigantic game right off the disc when you have a HDD available.

Oh well. I'm sure Rockstar is sad they lost your business.

soarcadia
4 years ago#10
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
soarcadia posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Or is this ps 3 only?

lol. No buy.

I never got this mentality of "mandatory install?? Stop trampling on my rights as a gamer!!" attitude. I don't understand why you'd want to run a gigantic game right off the disc when you have a HDD available.

Oh well. I'm sure Rockstar is sad they lost your business.

I don't care. It's not my job to educate you.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Wii U can't handle GTA V

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived