Would the Wii U and other consoles still exist if Nintendo and Sony hadn't...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would the Wii U and other consoles still exist if Nintendo and Sony hadn't...

User Info: 7lightsXIII

7lightsXIII
4 years ago#1
Broken off their agreement in the 90's? Me thinks that Sony still would've pulled out of the agreement some time in the future.
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
4 years ago#2
Sega would still exist if not for Sony.
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#3
I'm sure things would be quite different if a mutually beneficial arrangement was agreed upon by Nintendo and Sony. In what way though, I couldn't predict.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
4 years ago#4
We wouldn't have the systems as they exist today, so its a good thing it happened. The SNES add on was a far cry from what the PS1 eventually became.

The sooner Nintendo stopped relying on carts the better it was for them, and the industry.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: Gamerguymass

Gamerguymass
4 years ago#5
Here is what I wrote in the other thread about FF7 that had to do with the subject. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote.

Gamerguymass posted...
Nintendo left Sony not the other way around. And from what I have read, apparently Nintendo didn't patent or copyright something to do with what they were both working on so after Nintendo left Sony took that and made the PlayStation. I mean think of it, basically if Nintendo's lawyer hadn't been a dumbass then there would never have been a PS. Which means no XBox most likely. Its very possible it could still be Nintendo vs Sega today. Though I doubt the industry would be making as much money or be as popular as it is now.
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!

7lightsXIII
4 years ago#6
NovaLevossida posted...

Wait what?

Are you implying that the big 3 (Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony of course.) will become the big 4 with Sega?
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust

User Info: Stink_Ape

Stink_Ape
4 years ago#7
Me thinks that Sony still would've pulled out ...In a Sexual way
NNID:Skunk_Ape
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MXLXOt2.gif

7lightsXIII
4 years ago#8
Gamerguymass posted...
Here is what I wrote in the other thread about FF7 that had to do with the subject. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote.

Gamerguymass posted...
Nintendo left Sony not the other way around. And from what I have read, apparently Nintendo didn't patent or copyright something to do with what they were both working on so after Nintendo left Sony took that and made the PlayStation. I mean think of it, basically if Nintendo's lawyer hadn't been a dumbass then there would never have been a PS. Which means no XBox most likely. Its very possible it could still be Nintendo vs Sega today. Though I doubt the industry would be making as much money or be as popular as it is now.

So it was Nintendo's lawyer that F***** it up.
...In a Sexual way...

User Info: Go2Church

Go2Church
4 years ago#9
The way I see it, the industry would have become a monopoly because Microsoft wouldn't have the balls to jump into the race if Nintendo and Sony had collaborated on a console.
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
4 years ago#10
7lightsXIII posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Wait what?

Are you implying that the big 3 (Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony of course.) will become the big 4 with Sega?

PS2 with DVD capability killed the Dreamcast for the most part. I don't think as inventive as Sony is that it would have mattered with Nintendo's design philosophy holding back innovation (look at the Gamecube's refusal to use DVDs compared to Xbox / PS2).
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would the Wii U and other consoles still exist if Nintendo and Sony hadn't...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived