Why did you buy a Wii U or why are you waiting to buy a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why did you buy a Wii U or why are you waiting to buy a Wii U?

User Info: WhiteKilla666

WhiteKilla666
4 years ago#1
I'm waiting for:

1. Account system to not be so anticonsumer
2. Region locking to go away
3. Games I want to buy (so far just Earthbound and Pikmin 3)

What about you
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*

User Info: FFXIgaiaknight

FFXIgaiaknight
4 years ago#2
i bought a wii u for

1. Nintendo games
2. off tv play is awesome
3. i wanted a new console as i was getting bored with my ps3 and wii
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight PSN: FFXIGaiaknight

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 years ago#3
1.Fatal Frame <3
2.Sammy Aran <3
3.Anything Monolith Soft makes. <3
3.Zelda
3.Hopes of Mother 4 <3

Thats why I bought Wii U. Not for Mario, thats for daaammn sure, son.
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188

User Info: oOo_SOX_oOo

oOo_SOX_oOo
4 years ago#4
I buy all my Nintendo consoles on day one, I was there for the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, 3DS, etc. I'm going to buy the console regardless so I might as well buy it soon that later. The only time I felt truly cheated was the 3DS price cut. That did bother me a lot.
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ

WhiteKilla666
4 years ago#5
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
I buy all my Nintendo consoles on day one, I was there for the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, 3DS, etc. I'm going to buy the console regardless so I might as well buy it soon that later. The only time I felt truly cheated was the 3DS price cut. That did bother me a lot.

You didn't buy the NES, GB, GBP, GBC, SNES, VB, GBA, GCN, GBA SP, GBM, etc on day one?
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#6
I bought for ... well its Nintendo. Zelda mainly, but pretty much the majority of their franchises.
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS

WhiteKilla666
4 years ago#7
I'd love to add Wind Waker HD to my list of good titles but from the screens and videos it's evident they are intent on ruining the game with terrible bloom.

User Info: AstralFrost

AstralFrost
4 years ago#8
I'm waiting to sell mine but nobody wants it. Been trying for months.
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself

User Info: gnomelord255

gnomelord255
4 years ago#9
Primary reasons:
Nintendo games in HD, finally
Unique, exclusive third party games if Wiimotes are still supported in the future (like Red Steel 2 and MadWorld)

Secondary reasons:
Off TV play
Backwards compatible

Not really sure why you'd buy one otherwise.

User Info: NovaeGamer

NovaeGamer
4 years ago#10
The biggest reason I bought it was Pikmin 3, because gonna-be-best-game-ever ect. (and I was only slightly disappointed by the game).
But of course the main franchises (Zelda/Mario/Metroid?) and not so "main"-franchises (Kirby/FE/"X"/paper mario?) were big factors.

For comparision, my reasons for PS4 are by now: "KH3","FFXV"(<-last chance for Squareenix),"Dark Souls 3?","Persona 5?"......and thats it, not a single other game on the horizon that I even remotely want to play

And just to be fair, my reasons for XOne "maybe its fun to destroy one"
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why did you buy a Wii U or why are you waiting to buy a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived