Fatal Frame Wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Fatal Frame Wii U

User Info: Joey2cool

Joey2cool
3 years ago#1
Wouldn't this be amazing? Use the GamePad as a camera.

It must happen.
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
3 years ago#2
I'd love a new Fatal Frame, but I'd just hope they had Pro Controller support as well. Old fashioned controls are far more immersive for me.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
3 years ago#3
Trauma Centre would be epic too
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS

User Info: WhiteKilla666

WhiteKilla666
3 years ago#4
SlimeSwayze posted...
I'd love a new Fatal Frame, but I'd just hope they had Pro Controller support as well. Old fashioned controls are far more immersive for me.

me too i hate dualscreens
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*

User Info: Joey2cool

Joey2cool
3 years ago#5
wingo84 posted...
Trauma Centre would be epic too

I sincerely hope we get a new Trauma Center.
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012

User Info: Fimble_the_mage

Fimble_the_mage
3 years ago#6
It could be cool, but ONLY if the game was designed around the pad. Absolutely NO wiimote/pro controller support.
Omegle is the worst site ever

SlimeSwayze
3 years ago#7
Fimble_the_mage posted...
It could be cool, but ONLY if the game was designed around the pad. Absolutely NO wiimote/pro controller support.

For me, that would be really sad. The games played perfectly well and were absolutely terrifying on the PS2. There is no reason to remove that option. I get that some people like the Gamepad, but for me is completely kills the immersion when I switch between the two screens. It reminds me I am playing a game and that I'm holding this second screen in my hand. I love traditional controls because they are so intuitive and natural that you can practically forget that you're holding a controller in your hand at all. In a game like Fatal Frame, where atmosphere and immersion are key, having my controller make weird sounds and draw my attention away from the TV every time I use the camera would ruin the experience for me. It killed the immersion for me in Zombi U, and I can't imagine it would be any different in Fatal Frame.

There was nothing wrong with the controls in the original trilogy, so why force a change? They could easily make two control schemes (or three, if they want to include the wii-mote) to appeas everyone.

User Info: citrean

citrean
3 years ago#8
I'd love for a new fatal frame, or even a HD remake of the old ones on Wii U.

P.S. TECMO please Release an innovative camera obscura shaped controller just for this game, otherwise I refuse to be reasonable.
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867
PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean

User Info: Fimble_the_mage

Fimble_the_mage
3 years ago#9
SlimeSwayze posted...

For me, that would be really sad. The games played perfectly well and were absolutely terrifying on the PS2. There is no reason to remove that option. I get that some people like the Gamepad, but for me is completely kills the immersion when I switch between the two screens. It reminds me I am playing a game and that I'm holding this second screen in my hand. I love traditional controls because they are so intuitive and natural that you can practically forget that you're holding a controller in your hand at all. In a game like Fatal Frame, where atmosphere and immersion are key, having my controller make weird sounds and draw my attention away from the TV every time I use the camera would ruin the experience for me. It killed the immersion for me in Zombi U, and I can't imagine it would be any different in Fatal Frame.

There was nothing wrong with the controls in the original trilogy, so why force a change? They could easily make two control schemes (or three, if they want to include the wii-mote) to appeas everyone.

If you hate the gamepad, get a PS4 or Xbox One. Wii U games should use the gamepad in a meaningful way. That is why people bought the system.
Omegle is the worst site ever

SlimeSwayze
3 years ago#10
SlimeSwayze posted...

If you hate the gamepad, get a PS4 or Xbox One. Wii U games should use the gamepad in a meaningful way. That is why people bought the system.

Why use the Gamepad if its only going to make the game worse for a lot of fans? Why release the Pro Controller if you're not going to make it optional? That's called painting yourself into a corner. And again, we're talking about options. You can have your "meaningful" Gamepad features if you want them, and I can play the games the way they were played in the original trilogy, which was great for me. FF is one of my favorite series of all-time and I'd prefer to play them the way they were originally meant to be played, not with a second screen that will only break the immersion.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Fatal Frame Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived