The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

New Super Luigi U is actually pretty nifty

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. New Super Luigi U is actually pretty nifty

User Info: promo123

promo123
3 years ago#1
I made it about half way through the game in a few hours (without collecting the big coins unless they were easy) but the level design in this game is very well done. Much better than Mario U.
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
3 years ago#2
Agreed. My only complaint about it is the price. Apart from that, the game is fantastic.
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL

User Info: promo123

promo123
3 years ago#3
Absolutely. Besides theme, the levels really set them selves apart from the levels in Mario U much better than I expected. For either $20 or $30 I would recommend this game.
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!

User Info: JonJonFTW

JonJonFTW
3 years ago#4
Hmm. Maybe I will consider buying it in the future, if the price ever drops on the digital version, which hopefully might happen eventually.
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | Nintendo Network : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW

User Info: imamelia

imamelia
3 years ago#5
Eh. It's all right, but I would have taken 27 full-length, original levels over 82 levels that use mostly the same themes as the originals and are about a third as long. I feel like I can't really take time to enjoy the levels in New Super Luigi U. I haven't even bothered to go back and get all the Star Coins, which I did for New Super Mario Bros. U as soon as I completed it (and usually even before then).

User Info: ChronoCactaur

ChronoCactaur
3 years ago#6
NovaLevossida posted...
Agreed. My only complaint about it is the price. Apart from that, the game is fantastic.

Really? Considering NSMBU was $60 at launch, $30 seems like a bargain, especially since people are claiming it's even better than NSMBU.

Another thing to think about, the $30 version doesn't require a $60 copy of NSMBU to play.
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS

User Info: Smaffl15

Smaffl15
3 years ago#7
This game was a lot tougher than Mario bros u, it really tested my platformer skills and FYI guys the one star road map, will piss you off so much to get all 3 star coins

User Info: ssbmrocks

ssbmrocks
3 years ago#8
Smaffl15 posted...
This game was a lot tougher than Mario bros u, it really tested my platformer skills and FYI guys the one star road map, will piss you off so much to get all 3 star coins

Which one, Fire Bar Dash? Haha that's the one that got me.
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
3 years ago#9
ChronoCactaur posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Really? Considering NSMBU was $60 at launch, $30 seems like a bargain, especially since people are claiming it's even better than NSMBU.

Another thing to think about, the $30 version doesn't require a $60 copy of NSMBU to play.

$20 DLC is $5 above the standard pricing for standalone digital releases and DLC in that genre. So, yeah, price is something I'm going to point to as a complaint.
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
3 years ago#10
I just picked up NSMBW & NSMBWU
So I plan to make my way through both of those after I finish Zelda Skyward Sword and depending on how much I like them I might pick up the NSLU one... $30 seems a bit steep though...
But this has been a great summer for me & Mario games after finishing Galaxy, Galaxy 2 & Sunshine among 8 other games!
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. New Super Luigi U is actually pretty nifty

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived