Over 61% of Nintendo's Q2 US game sales were downloaded products.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Over 61% of Nintendo's Q2 US game sales were downloaded products.

User Info: Sagadego

Sagadego
3 years ago#11
MilesTeg420 posted...
Actually that's not Nintendo but the whole industry.

also this includes IOS and facebook games.
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
3 years ago#12
Sagadego posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Actually that's not Nintendo but the whole industry.

also this includes IOS and facebook games.

It also includes "subscriptions". It's not 100% clear what that means, but the most realistic interpretation would be that it includes PlayStation Plus, Xbox Live Gold, and stuff like WoW, and those will be a fairly big portion all by themselves. It also includes almost the entire PC games industry, since boxed sales of PC games aren't particularly high.

User Info: Xechs

Xechs
3 years ago#13
Console and handheld software sales $20.5 and $4.5 billion respectively, pc and portable software $20 and $10.5 billion respectively in 2012. Also mostly all or 80% of the later 2 sales are digital sales. Also not to mention handheld being popular for digital it's no surprise over 50% is digital.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier

User Info: The_Shadow_Link

The_Shadow_Link
3 years ago#14
If Digital Sales are going to take over it's time to get sales figures on these, see with Digital games are selling the most.
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Over 61% of Nintendo's Q2 US game sales were downloaded products.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived