Will the gamepad age well?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will the gamepad age well?

User Info: oOo_SOX_oOo

oOo_SOX_oOo
4 years ago#1
Age in a sense that the gamepad launched during the tablet craze we are going through right now. Dont get me wrong, Tablets are great but I recall netbooks being a popular device to, now they are dead. Will Tablets be dead in 5 years? Prolly not but will a new product come out that replaces the tablets? Likely.

Just a thought, in 5 years everything will be different. The drastic changes we saw last generation was crazy, back in 05-06 things like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Tablets were all practically unkown and not as mainstream as they are now. It will be cool to see what the future holds, I guess we will see if the gamepad holds up or not.
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ

User Info: Nerreltron9000

Nerreltron9000
4 years ago#2
The gamepad is not a tablet, nor was it ever meant to be. It's not a part of the current trends.

User Info: Nyyark

Nyyark
4 years ago#3
The Dreamcast controller did, not sure why the gamepad wouldn't. The NFC chip should help.

User Info: BkzIzu

BkzIzu
4 years ago#4
No, people will always consider it a gimmick.
Nintendo needs to learn not to force gimmicks and make it optional.

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
4 years ago#5
The Gamepad is more a second screen than a tablet. Like the second screen of the DS or Game and Watch but with more game-centric features.
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
4 years ago#6
If there next system doesn't use a new GP then BC could be a problem for Wii U games. Some say that they may let you use your current GPs with the new system but what if you never had a Wii U but decide that you want to play some of those games? Will Nintendo start selling GPs in the stores? I don't think so.
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
4 years ago#7
Jackal posted...
If there next system doesn't use a new GP then BC could be a problem for Wii U games. Some say that they may let you use your current GPs with the new system but what if you never had a Wii U but decide that you want to play some of those games? Will Nintendo start selling GPs in the stores? I don't think so.

Actually since last year Nintendo mentioned they're going to sell Gamepads down the line(with one of the reasons being eventual 2 Gamepad support for the system) and I believe they already do sell Gamepads in Japan.

If the next console is backwards compatible and would support WiiU games, you'd be able to buy a Gamepad to play it. So BC wouldn't be a problem.
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will the gamepad age well?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived