What game series did you hate at first but loved over time? (Read OP)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What game series did you hate at first but loved over time? (Read OP)

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
3 years ago#11
Metroid....those first two games were rough.
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
3 years ago#12
Oh, also, Animal Crossing. New Leaf is the first and only AC game to get me hooked.
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.

User Info: chestershadow

chestershadow
3 years ago#13
SMT.

I had played one of the early personas and played persona 3, and hated it. Played alittle bit (maybe 20 minutes) of Nocturne at a friend's house, and enjoyed it... but never knew it was technically the only SMT game I had ever played since Persona is really its own thing.

Bought Strange Journey on DS since I had never seen or heard of it before (and it was used/cheap so if I didn't like it, it wasn't a huge loss). Definitely do not regret making that decision, LOVED that game. Went out and found a still sealed copy of Nocturne on PS2 for 20$, sealed Digital Devil Saga 1+2 for 30$ total, sealed Devil Summoner 1+2 on ps2 for $20 each, and Devil Survivor Overclocked ($20) and Devil Survivor 2 (30$).

borrowed the persona's from my friend since he had all of them (including those psp remakes/second stories/whatever you wanna classify them as), and after playing all the way through most of those, I can safely say that they're just not my thing, but the rest of SMT (and its spin offs) has been nothing short of amazing IMO. I have a stupid amount of time sunk into the handheld games on DS/3DS and Nocturne. Hoping we still get Break Record (3ds remake of Devil Survivor 2).

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 years ago#14
Animal Crossing, but that was when I was 12. I kept saying "This game is gonna suck! This game is gonna suck!" But after renting it, it turned out to be one of the best games I ever played in my life (...well, for the Game Cube version) and I pretty much enjoyed all others, except for Wild World and New Leaf. The former I was really disappointed with and the latter I haven't gotten yet since I'm broke, plus after playing enough of the series, I kind of need a break from it. That doesn't mean I won't return after a while, though.
Mario RPGs - PM64 > SMRPG > M&L:SS > PM:TTYD > M&L:DT > PM:SS > SPM > *Yawn* > M&L:BIS > M&L: PiT
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What game series did you hate at first but loved over time? (Read OP)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived