Need to decide between a Wii U and a 3DSXL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Need to decide between a Wii U and a 3DSXL

User Info: XImperialDragon

XImperialDragon
3 years ago#1
My wife is wanting the new Zelda themed Wii U console, but there's no games outside of WindWaker HD that interest me (yet, that is. The Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei game and the new X RPG look really freaking good), but I was wanting to get one of the Pokemon themed 3DSXLs since there were a good number of games I wanted for that like Mario and Luigi, SMT IV, FE: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, the 2 Mario games, Phoenix Wright and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment.

I'm kind of torn on which one to get since my wife wants the Wii U mainly due to the Zelda designs (though it looks like the designs are more subtle than I would have liked. Are there even markings on the console unit, itself? Input would be appreciated on that). I could probably pick up both this check if I forego any games, but then what's the point of that? Anyway, were there any Wii U games I may have missed? If you can't tell, I really like RPGs, but I was planning on getting Pikmin, Bayonetta 2 (I liked the first a lot), Smash Bros, Wonderful 101 but that's all I can think of... anyone have any input?
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.

User Info: wonderful121

wonderful121
3 years ago#2
no markings on the console.

get both, but if you need to choose, 3ds xl.
Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released.

User Info: goothgone514

goothgone514
3 years ago#3
3ds
DETOX

User Info: BoomerTheGreat

BoomerTheGreat
3 years ago#4
I would get a Wii U because there are alot of deals currently and the Zelda WiiU might be limited.
I have alot of third party games that I didnt play on my 360 like
Warriors Orochi 3Hyper
Tekken
I have some Wii games
I have Earthbound.
I have a 3DS XL too so maybe both if you can afford.
Greatness comes from within

User Info: eyeofcore

eyeofcore
3 years ago#5
Get WInd Waker HD limited edition Wii U, before its too late!

Buy 3DS XL later!
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
3 years ago#6
I'd always go with a console over a handheld. Since you and your wife both play games, a console would be a much better choice since you can do co-op. Donkey Kong and Mario 3D World are out this year.
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"

User Info: SakuyaScarlet

SakuyaScarlet
3 years ago#7
3DS XL. Better value with a much larger library of games.
Touhoutards that annoy me the most are the ones still claiming Touhou isn't mainstream. Comiket and Reitaisai would like a word with them.

User Info: Jawswaj

Jawswaj
3 years ago#8
You should go with a 3DS XL. It has a great gaming library, and with Pokemon X and Y coming out soon, its gaming library will only get better. If you have enough money to buy 2 3DS XLs, you could also do that.

User Info: XImperialDragon

XImperialDragon
3 years ago#9
I think I got a friend at the local Gamestop to keep one of those Zelda Wii Us around until I next get paid, so I think I'm going to go with the 3DS this time and then just get the Wii U next check. Thanks for the input!
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.

User Info: segagamer

segagamer
3 years ago#10
It's a matter of console vs handheld, tbh.
Wii U+Xbox One+Steam Box :)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Need to decide between a Wii U and a 3DSXL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived