Do wii games look better on the wii-u?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do wii games look better on the wii-u?

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
3 years ago#1
Or should I keep my wii hooked up to my tv?

User Info: Jacob46719

Jacob46719
3 years ago#2
metroid prime 3.
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
3 years ago#3
For me wii games look like crap on my wii menu in the wii u. I tested dead eising chop til u drop on both and it was blurry on wii u. I messed with tv settings and got it bettet but its still not great
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX

User Info: NintendudeLives

NintendudeLives
3 years ago#4
I haven't tested it yet, but I'd assume it would look a little better. Not because of the console, but because I didn't have an HDMI cable for my Wii.
New Leaf FC: 0559 - 7683 - 4275

User Info: Jellitoe

Jellitoe
3 years ago#5
They do, but not extremely better. Like mentioned earlier Metroid Prime looks better, but not every game.
Nintendo ID - Jellitoe
3DS FC - 2234-7146-5315

User Info: redlaw15

redlaw15
3 years ago#6
I noticed that when my friend played Xenoblades on his Wii on my TV it had the black bars across the top and bottom for wide screen. I don't recall having the bars there when I played the same game through my Wii U on the same TV. The game also looked different but I never booted them one after another to see if this really was the case.
NNID - thomasw
http://www.backloggery.com/thomas

User Info: PaladinAlik

PaladinAlik
3 years ago#7
varies with the game. I thought SS looked better, but other games looked a bit worse
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: Linkums

Linkums
3 years ago#8
It should look just as good as a Wii with component cables would look. I may be wrong, but it seems like that would be the case and from my experience I can't tell a difference. If you didn't have component cables for your Wii, it will probably look nicer on Wii U by a little bit.
Latest: "The Terrible PC Version of Super Mario Bros."
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
3 years ago#9
Yes and no. The Wii games are clearer on the Wii U, but sometimes it makes it the individual pixels more obvious.
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.

User Info: KittenLina

KittenLina
3 years ago#10
GrimMTrixX posted...
For me wii games look like crap on my wii menu in the wii u. I tested dead eising chop til u drop on both and it was blurry on wii u. I messed with tv settings and got it bettet but its still not great

Lordy, I need an aspirin after reading this.
jrb363 posted...Political correctness is killing this country.
Official Succubus of the SMT IV board.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do wii games look better on the wii-u?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived