Wii U and Super Smash Brawl

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U and Super Smash Brawl

User Info: MK_God

MK_God
4 years ago#1
I didn't exactly know where to post this and I thought I'd get a better response here. Does anyone know if I can use the Wii U pro controller for Super Smash Brothers Brawl? I have neither console. I only have the game. But I'm really wanting to play and practice and can't decide if I should just stick with getting a Wii (cheaply) and using my gamecube controller or, if I'm able to, buy a Wii U and use the Wii U pro controller.

I did search around other sites and topics on here for an answer and never found an answer for this. Thank you for your replies!

User Info: GDoobah

GDoobah
4 years ago#2
Does anyone know if I can use the Wii U pro controller for Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

nope.
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg

User Info: Oni_Taedo

Oni_Taedo
4 years ago#3
Get a Wii U (you can play Wii games on it, so it's like getting two consoles in one).

No, you can't use a Wii U Pro Controller with Wii games.

I suggest either getting cozy with Wiimote+Nunchuk controls like I did for a while, or dishing out cash for a Classic Controller Pro (or a regular CC, which, while not as good for Smash, is much better for other games, especially DBZ:BT3, if you can find a flapping copy).
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida

User Info: MK_God

MK_God
4 years ago#4
Thanks guys!

User Info: Oni_Taedo

Oni_Taedo
4 years ago#5
MK_God posted...
Thanks guys!

No problem.

If you have any other questions, "What are the best Wii games?", "Does this game support CCP?" etc., just ask.
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida

User Info: Nin3DSFan

Nin3DSFan
4 years ago#6
The simple reason as to why it doesn't support the Pro Controller, is because, well, as 'derp' as this may sound, the Wii U never existed when most Wii games came out, and, they were never programmed to accept the Wii U controllers.
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U and Super Smash Brawl

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived