I can't believe a remake of a Zelda game is the only good thing on this system.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I can't believe a remake of a Zelda game is the only good thing on this system.

User Info: LRodC

LRodC
3 years ago#1
Remember when people said that about the 3DS?
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.

User Info: dancing_cactuar

dancing_cactuar
3 years ago#2
Not sure if trolling, saying that Wind Waker HD is the only good game on Wii U, or supportive, saying that the Wii U will get awesome games and recover just like the 3DS.

I'll go with both.
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
The Wii ran out of gas in 2008- DrSouljaBoi69

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#3
LRodC posted...
Remember when people said that about the 3DS?

And look at where the 3DS is now.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: EVOLUTION117

EVOLUTION117
3 years ago#4
dancing_cactuar posted...
Not sure if trolling, saying that Wind Waker HD is the only good game on Wii U, or supportive, saying that the Wii U will get awesome games and recover just like the 3DS.

I'll go with both.

I think TC meant the latter. Just missing the quotation marks in the topic title.
I am the true essence of Evil's bane. I am the Fierce Deity and I have risen again to kick your ass

User Info: spartansbrother

spartansbrother
3 years ago#5

I'll go with both.

i dont think he is saying everything else is bad, i think he is talking about what happened on the 3ds will happen for the wii u soon enough, like when the 3ds had oot 3d
*wipes brown*

User Info: dancing_cactuar

dancing_cactuar
3 years ago#6
spartansbrother posted...

I'll go with both.

i dont think he is saying everything else is bad, i think he is talking about what happened on the 3ds will happen for the wii u soon enough, like when the 3ds had oot 3d

OK, I guess I did jump the gun a little.
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
The Wii ran out of gas in 2008- DrSouljaBoi69

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
3 years ago#7
spartansbrother posted...

I'll go with both.

OK, I guess I did jump the gun a little.

Both systems got a Zelda remake, then a price cut and Super Mario 3D ______. Wii U is getting Mario Kart a little later than the 3DS, but that's beside the point.
They call me Wonder-Handsome
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
3 years ago#8
Its NOT even a remake. Its an HD version, not a remake. Nintendo spent 6 months on it.

"4Gamer: I see. My impression is that there is a good balance between feeling of the original and a fresh feeling at the same time.

Aonuma: Yes. I thought it would be a waste to for this to simply be a test of the hardware. After that, I was told by staff, that this would not take too much time to develop. It takes a long time to develop a brand new game, so I thought it would be a shame to not have a Zelda game on the Wii U for a while. So I felt like it would be best to deliver something that can be done quickly and began work on the HD version.

4Gamer: Ah I see.

Aonuma: With the original release of Wind Waker, the first half of the game was well received, the later portion on the other hand, needed to be re-evaluated. That was my first time in control of the direction of the game and designing a game from scratch, there were some portions that I wanted to expand upon. If a remake were to happen, I believed I could work on some of those portions.

4Gamer: Does that mean the development time was not so long?

Aonuma: It took about 6 months. Development was still difficult. You had to consider the difference in hardware at the time. Additionally there is a technique known as toon shading, which gives the game a very animated look. At that time, the technique was established, but had not be used before by our staff, everyone had to do everything by hand."

http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/an-interview-with-eiji-aonuma-wind-waker-hd-and-the-future-of-zelda-series#sthash.t7imRAVu.dpuf
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif

User Info: GREEN00

GREEN00
3 years ago#9
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
ZombiU

Think again, TC

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
3 years ago#10
Yes, but the statement isn't really applicable to WiiU. 3DS had a distinct lack of new stuff were as WiiU has things like Pikmin 2, Rayman Legends, & Wonderful 101. 3DS as the time either had games that weren't that good or pretty much handheld version of console games. Then again it was only a few months into 3DSs life. It took almost a year to get Wind Waker HD on WiiU.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I can't believe a remake of a Zelda game is the only good thing on this system.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived