What can Nintendo do to spice up the fans who were underwhelmed by Mario Kart 8?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What can Nintendo do to spice up the fans who were underwhelmed by Mario Kart 8?

User Info: zoogelio

zoogelio
4 years ago#11
??? The game isn't even out yet. And it's not even close to coming out.

User Info: Chenmaster2

Chenmaster2
4 years ago#12
Yeah I supposed.

I just miss balloon battle survival from Mario Kart DS.
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484

User Info: TalentedM

TalentedM
4 years ago#13
Chenmaster2 posted...
I'm not saying it's typical and all.

I'm just disappointed there were no new items and balloon battle survival.

You don't know that. Not having anything really confirmed at this point is isn't safe to say there isn't going to be those things in the game.

Underwhelmed by a teaser, pretty silly if you ask me.
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing

User Info: R_Hunter

R_Hunter
4 years ago#14
We have no idea about the items or battle mode, dude.

Wait a while before you get worried.
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board

User Info: 1shadetail1

1shadetail1
4 years ago#15
It's not actually up to Nintendo to do anything about that. If you finding it underwhelming, just play something else.
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
4 years ago#16
Make driving mechanics like they were in Double Dash. MK7 was a step in the right direction.
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
4 years ago#17
Hum?
All Mario Kart 8 needs is a good roster of Racers, Including favorites from all Mario Karts and be at leased close to Mario Kart Wii's roster. Nintendo did actually ask on Miiverse who people used in their announcement post. They already covered the normals and Toadette & Waluigi, in the tailer. So they're aware the roster in Mario Kart 7 was lackluster.

About it beyond that are a better item set but it's hard to know what that'll be. They need to keep Mushroom, Triple/Gold Mushroom, Red Shell, Triple Red Shell, Green Shell, Triple Green Shell, Star, Lightning, & Blue Shell. Beyond that it's up to them, as long as no Thunder Cloud item is there trolling you. They do need to fix the speed boost from the star, as it was broken in MK7. As for Lightning if they could drop the stop and fall to the ground physics, it would go along way to not creating item spammers intentionally waiting for pits.

As for courses they are best off making the standard 16 and bringing back the standard 16 retro courses. Then they can make the engine support retro course download content, the trick is to get it to work with the game online. Other than that I can't think of anything they'd really need to do.

Well they need to bolster the Battle modes, particularly more courses it better, even more modes. Because as it stands you can't choose mode types, it just trades off balloon and coin. But that's neither here nor there as people don't go I'm not buying Mario Kart because battle mode sucks like Mario Kart 7s.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 years ago#18
I wasn't exactly underwhelmed by Mario Kart 8, but what would really set my hype going would be to add more tracks. 10 cups instead of 8, possibly 5 tracks per cup like in Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit as well.

Edit: Also bringing back the single-player options instead of just playing Grand Prix. Let me race against bots again, let me make my own cups in a way with an extensive Vs. mode options screen. Bring back Event Mode stages. Maybe keep kart customization and making it better by letting you earn driver tokens to buy new parts.
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz

User Info: player_three

player_three
4 years ago#19
Mario 3D World it up with its second trailer.

User Info: Imperfect_Dark2

Imperfect_Dark2
4 years ago#20
It looks impressive, but I won't be buying if it still uses the Mario Kart Wii/7 drift system. The gameplay itself bores the hell out of me in the modern Mario Karts, and this is coming from someone who played the crap out of Double Dash and DS particularly. I'm not saying bring back the extreme snaking from DS, but being able rack up as many drift boosts as possible in the old MKs was one of the few elements of skill that existed in the game. Nowadays the winner is pretty much determined by whoever gets luckiest on the items.

It'll be fun in splitscreen as usual, but for me single player will be boring and online frustrating. So yeah, I won't be buying unless I can get it really cheaply in a few years.

Unless of course they go back to the pre-MKWii style. In which case I will be buying it as soon as I can. Doubt it'll happen though.
"i've seen ps2 games that are about on par with the wii u no bs, if anything the wii u is about as powerful as the dreamcast" - Fusion916
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What can Nintendo do to spice up the fans who were underwhelmed by Mario Kart 8?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived