Your reaction, in 6 years Wii U 80 Million sold.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your reaction, in 6 years Wii U 80 Million sold.

User Info: Lefty128k

Lefty128k
4 years ago#131
DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...
AceMos posted...
^ no i dotn post there becuse i dont liek to waist my life insulting things other ppl enjoy

and this is not a debate becuse you dont know how to debate you just sling insults and get upset and flame every one

buts thats ok not every one knows how to debate and your one of those

its tots ok man just go back the ps4 board and hang with ya peeps

You keep going on about debate, but you can't answer this simple question......

Are you capable of defending Wii U on it's own merits or not?

He's more than capable, as am I. We simply aren't obligated to do so because it's unwarranted here. It's an off-topic matter that you're forcing into this thread because you can't stand the direction it went, resulting in the knee-jerk responses you gave. If you seriously wanted to discuss this issue you brought up, then go make a thread of your own where you can discuss it to your heart's desire. Stop screwing up someone else's thread because you're upset.

Yep, he's more than capable. Which is why he never does it. Oh wait, that actually indicates he isn't capable.

Talking about Wii U sales is unwarranted and off-topic in a Wii U sales topic? How is that?

You and AceMos are the ones trying to insult, provoke, and derail the thread into a **** talking shouting match.

Naw, I think I'll discuss this topic here. If you don't like that....too bad.

If my posts are so bothersome, feel free to beg off and check that 'ignore' box.

Lefty128k
4 years ago#132
squatch22 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
Lefty128k posted...
That's a really long-winded way of saying that you can't debate Wii U on it's own merits. You could have saved yourself some time.

The figures clearly demonstrate with well known numbers that Mario tends to only get sold to 30% of the total audience. And the large sales Wii experienced were a fluke influx of people who only wanted fit/sports. If they had wanted Mario too, it would have cracked the 27 million it sold. If you want some sort of proof or confirmation beyond that, too bad. I'm not going outside the scope of the post it addressed.

If you're bored, then shove off. Nothing keeping you here except your hate-on for me. Not a single person asked that question is interested in the topic, only talking **** to anyone who dares criticize Nintendo.

Well, if I'm participating in so many topics then that means even less time for paltry off-topic discussions on punctuation. As this is a reasonable and logical conclusion, it is little wonder that you failed to arrive at it.

Your claim that Mario games only sell to 30% of the total audience, whilst not wrong, still doesn't address how those sales affect console sales. Your evidence does not, and indeed cannot prove if the game sales affected console sales.

However, lets do as you say, and keep in the scope of the post. You claim that the Mario games only sell to 30% of console owners, but until the Wii, the number of Nintendo console owners was dropping, and then it increased dramatically. 5.5 Million people bought Sunshine, 33 million bought NSMBWii. If we keep with 3D Marios, then Galaxy sold 11.72, which is more than double Sunshine and equals SM64, although SM64 was also sold with the console, as was NSMBWii.

So where did these millions of people come from? And will they return? Maybe, maybe not. There's a lot of uncertainty, but I'll admit that. You, however, are attempting to twist facts to fit your own arguments and I cannot accept that. Until we address how these games sales affected their console sales this discussion cannot continue.

Do I hate you? Good sir no! This has been some of the most interesting discussion I've had for a while, but I get the feeling its completly one sided.

I like how he says ONLY 30%.
MS and Sony would kill for a game to have a 30% attach rate.

And they would have to kill.

Nintendo only gets those numbers because they intentionally kill third party support and drive off competing game titles.

When the choice is Mario and Friends or shovelware, people will buy Mario and Friends.

Lefty128k
4 years ago#133
DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
I think KittenLina deserves an apology from Lefty.

You owe me an apology yourself for your petty little attacks.

You owe everyone an apology for messing up the thread, which began this all.

You're the one who keeps going off-topic, Hypocrite.

User Info: Innerscope

Innerscope
4 years ago#134
As if Off topic is a bad thing anyway.

I mean, look at this topic. Is it really worth discussing?
"shutty, shutty, shutty, shutty, shutty, wow. I so cute ^_^" - hotgirlsarehot

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#135
Purposefully went off-topic, attacking people because they call him out, and won't even apologize for something he was blatantly wrong about. I guess we have all the proof we need to show that Lefty isn't here to be serious.

Everyone can go about their business. And to show I will participate in this thread, I will answer with my reaction to what this thread was originally about, not to what it has become.

I would be surprised if Wii U could hit 80 million. I kinda think the reason why Wii has capable of selling so many was probably because of the shortages. Wanting something you can't get your hands on increases the demand on it, as if it was more popular than what it might have originally been. Wii U, on the other hand, filled out the pre-orders with plenty to go around afterwards, creating an illusion that perhaps it isn't very popular, so people will think that way.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
4 years ago#136
If it sells 80 million, I hope that will mean that future Nintendo consoles will have improved 3rd party support and we'll see a Nintendo fanbase that enjoys a diverse portfolio of games.

Some of my favorite games on Nintendo consoles are 3rd party games such as Dragon Quest and Megaman.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
4 years ago#137
leffty i did defend teh wii u on its own merrit's

i enjoy nintendo games they are often my fave games of any generation

so there for to me the wii u is a great console

and leffty this topic was never about the wii u it was about the wii you hypatheticly selling more than the competitors

you are the one who had to insult the console and its fans which maens YOU are off topic
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your reaction, in 6 years Wii U 80 Million sold.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived