Is the Wii U your first Nintendo console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the Wii U your first Nintendo console?

User Info: tuna-egg

tuna-egg
3 years ago#21
My Wii U bundle, which will arrive at the end of this month, will be my FIRST Nintendo home console.

But the first console I ever played was the NES at my aunt's house.

The first console that I owned (bought myself) was the Nintendo DS.

User Info: uneedtowakeup

uneedtowakeup
3 years ago#22
Nope NES was my first, and after all this time it still gets played:)

NES foooooooooooooooooooor liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife ..

If Wii U was my first, I'd be very disappointed ROFL.

User Info: FeiBenares

FeiBenares
3 years ago#23
No, Game & Watch series were my first time Nintendo. Then NES.
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh

User Info: NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900
3 years ago#24
Nope. Wii U is my fourth Nintendo home console, eighth Nintendo gaming system.

List of Nintendo gaming systems I owned in order with notes:
1. Super Nintendo Enterrtainment System - My first video game console. I owned the original model twice in my life (I recently discovered that there was a second model) but I don't know what happened to my first one but the audio/video doesn't work on my second one.
2. Game Boy Color - Pokémon-theme w/ Pokémon Yellow. My cousin also had one. At this point, the audio on my GBC no longer works. Also, the GBC is the ONLY 5th gen gaming system I owned (but I wanted a N64 when I was young but never got my own but I got to play N64 and PS1).
3. Game Boy Advance - Original, later traded in for SP (before moving from Michigan to Florida)
4. GameCube - I think I had the GameCube 3 times. Two Indigo, and I currently own a Platinum one w/ Game Boy Player, given by my friend.
5. Nintendo DS - Original, then Lite, then DSi. I still have my cousin's Original after he passed away but the top screen is half-broken.
6. Wii - Owned twice, both sold quickly by my cousins. But I got to experience a bit more of Wii from my friend (that gave me the GameCube) but not enough.
7. Nintendo 3DS - Original Aqua Blue w/ Nintendo Ambassador.
8. Wii U - Deluxe Set and got most $0.30 NES games (I missed the first few $0.30 games because I didn't had a debit card at the time).

Nintendo gaming systems I never owned:
- Color TV Game console series - I never owned any of Nintendo's Color TV Game console series, as those were Japan exclusive and I live in America. I never knew these existed until late 2012.
- Nintendo Entertainment System - But I did get to see a few of them in real life and tried it out but I didn't remember much from my experience. I might get a Retro Duo, a third party NES/SNES console, to replace my SNES.
- Game Boy - I got a Game Boy Color instead! When I was a kid, I didn't know an original Game Boy existed (but I had all the GB Pokémon games for my GBC).
- Virtual Boy - When I was a kid, I had no idea what this was. I first found out about it on Nintendo Code Center (http://nintendocc.com/) when I was young and was looking for cheats for SNES games. In my late Teens, I discovered what this thing actually was and I see that it was the worst gaming system Nintendo made.
- Nintendo 64 - I wanted an N64 when I was young but at this point, I no longer have interested. But I was going to get one just for Donkey Kong 64 but I am hoping for a 3DS remake of it. I did get to experience the N64 a few times as my cousin's father had one. I had a little bit more experience on N64 than on NES.

Nintendo consoles I'm currently using:
- GameCube
- Nintendo 3DS
- Wii U
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!

User Info: cambosteve

cambosteve
3 years ago#25
Nope. The first Nintendo Console I played was the SNES, the first one I ever owned was the Game Cube. Prior the GameCube I owned a PS1.

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
3 years ago#26
I'm no rookie, I'm a 20 year vet!
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
3 years ago#27
It's the first one I paid for myself but not the first owned by the household or played extensively by me
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy

User Info: Applebane

Applebane
3 years ago#28
No, the first console I obtained was a Wii at age 8. Been a fan ever since.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the Wii U your first Nintendo console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived