The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Nintendo needs to make Super Mario super again.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo needs to make Super Mario super again.

User Info: PoppaKrogan

PoppaKrogan
3 years ago#1
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to 3D World, I loved Super Mario 3D Land, but 3D World just isn't super.

The Wii360 generation kind of caused Mario to become...well...not so super, he started with a bang, with New Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Galaxy...but then every other main series Mario game was just a rehash of those games.

This generation started off good with Super Mario 3D Land, but now we're just getting a sequel, it seems like a better sequel then NSMBW or Super Mario Galaxy 2 which were just straight up extended versions (though NSMBW did add multiplayer so thats a plus). So I give major points to 3D World for that, but I hope the next Mario game for the Wii U is something truly spectacular.
I knew we forgot someone...you.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#2
3D World looks like it could be the best Mario game for years to come, maybe topping even G2, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed by it.

User Info: smash66

smash66
3 years ago#3
DeathSoul2000 posted...
3D World looks like it could be the best Mario game for years to come.

A rehashed 3ds game? I know that Nintendos creativity is going downhill but you don't have to lower your standard. >.<

PoppaKrogan
3 years ago#4
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

A rehashed 3ds game? I know that Nintendos creativity is going downhill but you don't have to lower your standard. >.<

It's not as rehashed as Galaxy 2 or the "New" series.

It has a plethora of new powerups (aside from the regular 1-2 new powerups) it looks incredible, the multiplayer looks like it actually has a use now, and it's more 3D Land style gameplay, which I always wanted before 3D Land even came out.

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
3 years ago#5
Lets say it IS a rehash of 3D land. So? they are on different system, have it ever occur to you that I want to play 3D land but sadly i dont have a 3DS and will not have enough to buy one. So 3D world is on Wii U which i DO have and its a better version with much more stuff. Yay me and other Wii U owners that dont have a 3ds

User Info: jragon23

jragon23
3 years ago#6
i agree OP we need more mario, 10 mario based games a year just isnt enough

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#7
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Clearly you haven't watched beyond the initial E3 trailer, because there is no way you can label it a "rehashed 3DS game" anymore after the latest trailer, you just... can't. But, you've already made up your mind so I may as well not even bother.

PoppaKrogan
3 years ago#8
jragon23 posted...
i agree OP we need more mario, 10 mario based games a year just isnt enough

Yes, me saying that we need less rehashes and more original titles is the same as saying we need more side games and rehashes.

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
3 years ago#9
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Please name a very popular game that's not a rehash of an older game, or is a clone of another that's using a gimmick,

Example: Watch Dogs is just a lesser version of GTA with a glorified hack mod.
Battlefield 4 is the pretty version of battlefield 3.

Braid is just a gimped version of Super Mario bros with a time control gimmick.
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)

PoppaKrogan
3 years ago#10
knightimex posted...
smash66 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Please name a very popular game that's not a rehash of an older game, or is a clone of another that's using a gimmick,

Example: Watch Dogs is just a lesser version of GTA with a glorified hack mod.
Battlefield 4 is the pretty version of battlefield 3.

Braid is just a gimped version of Super Mario bros with a time control gimmick.

With your logic you can make any game a clone of any other game.

Pokemon is just Final Fantasy VI with a monster capturing gimmick and a crappy story and no good villains.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo needs to make Super Mario super again.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived