Super Mario Sunshine is an amazing game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario Sunshine is an amazing game

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
3 years ago#11
I preferred it to Galaxy.
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com

User Info: StarmanJunior

StarmanJunior
3 years ago#12
Idunno I remember really loving it the first time I played it, then really hating it after realizing how much it was lacking, then back to "liking" it which is the sort of general opinion I have on it now. Last playthrough I enjoyed myself, but I still have these legitimate complaints:

-Lack of levels. Using the vacation theme as an excuse is not valid. There are a million excuses as to how they could've included sky levels, underground temples, etc.
-Red coin challenges. In SM64 there was one per level and then the bonus areas. In SMS there is one 4 times in each level plus bonus areas. Think that's enough?
-Blue coin challenges. Having a fetch quest in a Mario game was as mundane as it gets. Something that I've never bothered to 100% because...well why.
-Shadow Mario chases. Again, they are pretty repetitive after doing it EVERY level plus every time you get a new item.
-Reoccuring boss fights. Not SO bad but fighting Petey twice in the first level and fighting Blooper in the second level twice was a bit uninspired.
-The chucksters. Fire whoever came up with that one.
-The fact that the extra content didn't even matter unless you were 100%ing the game, as you only had to beat the first 7 objectives in each level to finish the game.

Now then, that's what I think made the game a tad on the mediocre side. However the changes they made, the retro levels, everything like that...well the stuff they did right, they did right! However, I think an HD remake would be a terrible idea. A sequel however, could be amazing. The concept is great, it just needs more substance.
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.

User Info: biggerboss777

biggerboss777
3 years ago#13
Its a great game and one of my personal favorite mario games but a couple of things already mentioned hold it back from being truly amazing. If Nintendo released an HD version with one or two more worlds to lessen the blue coin hunting I would buy it in a heartbeat!

I love how the first couple missions in each world usually have a sense of progression and the bosses in sunshine>>>>>galaxy 1,2, and Mario 64 bosses...... Dat manta ray!

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
3 years ago#14
RemixDeluxe posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
You can't inb4 your own topic

well I just did. Would you mind sticking to the topic at least.

Do you like the game? hate it? Say something about it.

I inb4 my own topics all the time so no one can say the dumb things I know they'll say.

On topic though, I love Super Mario Sunshine. It's easily one of my favorite Mario games of all time. It has a certain charm to it that has not been matched since.

Exploring Isle Delfino and collecting Shine Sprites made the Gamecube one of my favorite video game consoles.
NNID: PoisonShroom

User Info: huyi

huyi
3 years ago#15
I've been playing it again on my original wii, its still a golden game, never get bored of it :)
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario Sunshine is an amazing game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived