C/D: Mario Games are the epitome of Casual Games

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. C/D: Mario Games are the epitome of Casual Games

User Info: mercurythewhite

mercurythewhite
3 years ago#1
Topic.

Why/Why Not?
White Light, White Heat.

User Info: coolguy_23

coolguy_23
3 years ago#2
D.

CoD,Smartphone games,Sports Games.
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
3 years ago#3
coolguy_23 posted...
D.

CoD,Smartphone games,Sports Games.


This,
Smart Phone games are taken were ever you go and usually just used while you wait in a line.
Sports games grab people who normally never play games just so they can buy the games.
COD games and some other shooters are the pinnacle of casual gaming, anyone can pick up the game and be fairly good, at it 60% of the online community is casual, also known as cannon fodder by the other 40%.
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
3 years ago#4
recently? Huge C. Even people who have never played a 2D platformer can play through it in a reasonable amount of time. There are obviously things that they'll miss out and certain bosses they'll have trouble with, but they're appealing enough to casuals that I think you can classify them as being "casual" games(although the entire casual vs hardcore comparison is BS).
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
3 years ago#5
My argument for Mario games, they usually require some skill, and have a learning curve.
So yeah it is casual, but Mario was made to be a challenging game that anyone can play and get better at.
But epitome of casual?( whatever epitome means) There are bigger casual nets.
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.

User Info: HermeticJustice

HermeticJustice
3 years ago#6
Mario is for everyone, always has been, always will be

he spans across most if not all genres, from the 70s to now til forever

if that makes him casual, then yes, he is the epitome of casual games
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
3 years ago#7
coolguy_23 posted...
D.

CoD,Smartphone games,Sports Games.
"Through the lights, camera, actions, glamour, glitters, and golds/I unfolds the scrolls plant seeds to stampede the globe." - Nas Esco Circa '95

User Info: Private_Noob

Private_Noob
3 years ago#8
"CoD Games are the epitome of Casual Games."

Fix'd.
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!

User Info: TheIastspartan

TheIastspartan
3 years ago#9
donkeyjack posted...
coolguy_23 posted...
D.

CoD,Smartphone games,Sports Games.

^

Mario's nowhere close.

User Info: Crazy_tank51

Crazy_tank51
3 years ago#10
D.

Candy Crap Saga and CoD have it beat by miles. My mom plays CCS nonstop (before that she had a Tetris machine to play with) and she avoids game consoles like the plague (Yes that includes Wii)
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. C/D: Mario Games are the epitome of Casual Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived