The GamePad Screen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The GamePad Screen

User Info: dbzken

dbzken
3 years ago#11
Gamepad surround sound is awesome! Way more realistic than my tv. It should be standard for games use tv and the gamepad to really kick in the experience.

User Info: mcsmellington

mcsmellington
3 years ago#12
dbzken posted...
Gamepad is a lot less colorful. They cut the color in half to lessen the data transferred from the wii u to the gamepad. Otherwise off-tv is technically impossible at this time. It may also have a warm color.

This is the problem I have. Graphics look fine, but the colour looks really washed out and grey. Quite disappointing really, although I suppose it's not too much of a problem if you're playing something bright like Mario or WWHD
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington

User Info: RiaanYster

RiaanYster
3 years ago#13
The colour comparison with the gamepad and TV is gonna be very dependent on the specific TV and it's settings. I have a samsung which isn't full HD (only ready) but it has a pretty decent display.

Personally I feel the display is awesome on the gamepad, way better than my TV. Wind Waker is one that looks great, but the one that sticks out is COD: BLOPSII. When playing the zombie mode, where everything is quite dark, I've found that I prefer the gamepad as those slight distinctions between dark shades really works well on it.

I must say that the gamepads display has really impressed me, so it seems strange that someone would complain about it.

User Info: HeroC114

HeroC114
3 years ago#14
Skyward Sword on off-TV play Wii mode looks amazing on the GamePad.

I have a Sony TV and games look great on it. Funny, I don't think a Sony console ever was connected to my TV, although I did own a PS3 at one point for Demon's Souls.
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The GamePad Screen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived