Help! How to assign Pro Controller as Player 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Help! How to assign Pro Controller as Player 2

User Info: tuna-egg

tuna-egg
3 years ago#1
Trying to play multiplayer NSMBU using gamepad + Pro Controller, but it won't let me assign the Pro Controller as player 2... both the gamepad and the Pro Controller currently work as controller #1. What to do??

Argh, this is frustrating. I love Nintendo, but issues like this make me want to tear my hair out and shake some sense into them :/

User Info: IlikeBacon16

IlikeBacon16
3 years ago#2
Don't think you can. Game Pad is strictly boost-mode in multiplayer.

User Info: jrb363

jrb363
3 years ago#3
You can't. I found this out last night as well since I got a Wii U yesterday. Unfortunately the Gamepad only works as a 'boost control' which is extremely stupid on Nintendo's part. I was very disappointed. Luckily we had 2 old Wiimotes so my wife and I could enjoy the game together.
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels

User Info: tuna-egg

tuna-egg
3 years ago#4
jrb363 posted...
You can't. I found this out last night as well since I got a Wii U yesterday. Unfortunately the Gamepad only works as a 'boost control' which is extremely stupid on Nintendo's part. I was very disappointed. Luckily we had 2 old Wiimotes so my wife and I could enjoy the game together.

Ugh. Since when did Nintendo become this inelegant? I thought they were a user friendly-company, to the point of nerfing their products.

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
3 years ago#5
I find it a bit annoying that the pro controller is labeled as a "Wii remote" in the Home Menu. If it works as a Wii remote, why can't it be used for Wii games? You can even select "go to Wii Menu" by the B button shortcut using it and it still won't work in the Wii Menu.
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Help! How to assign Pro Controller as Player 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived