Why did you buy a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why did you buy a Wii U?

User Info: Avirosb

Avirosb
3 years ago#11
Dem games bro.

Amazingly enough, there aren't one exclusive on the horizon that I'd consider buying a PS4 or X1 for.
Yet. Who knows...
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.

User Info: Hector_Sass

Hector_Sass
3 years ago#12
First party games, I don't get into the epeen contest. I'll be happy to play them when they eventually come out. Im lucky and can afford one of the other consoles if I choose, but neither has appealed to me yet.

I'll just split my time between the games on Wii U and 3DS. Spring us starting to look good btw!
http://i.imgur.com/YFTyKKA.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/09/30/TalibNologo.gif

User Info: VirtuaSnipa

VirtuaSnipa
3 years ago#13
Free Online and X pushed me over. I was originally considering a PS4 but after E3 2013 saying PS4 online is turning into a paid subscription service, the Wii U became the only viable choice. After seeing the X trailer at E3, it pushed me over.

All the nintendo exclusives is also a serious plus to the decision.
Dark Souls? Hard?!
You clearly haven't played Resonance of Fate.

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
3 years ago#14
Huge Zelda fan so that Windwaker bundle got me to buy it.
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU

User Info: vattodev

vattodev
3 years ago#15
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate + promise of Zelda, SSB, Mario Kart and couch multiplayer.

User Info: Craig--a

Craig--a
3 years ago#16
I bought mine because it was reduced from 250 to 120 back in April and I couldnt resist at that price. At the time the trade in for the console was 140 so it seemed like a safe bet to buy it and just sell it if I hated it.
You aren't the "official" anything of gamefaqs...

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#17
The exclusives and the promise of more.

Nintendo still makes that are almost impossible to find on other systems nowadays. It's nice playing a colourful, fun game every now and then.
Typing on a phone, so ignore all spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.

User Info: Lethal13

Lethal13
3 years ago#18
Nintendo 1st party games are looking the goods yet again.

Also nintendo also does get some pretty unique 3rd party games sometimes as well.

So looking forward to X (though i'm not sure if monolith count as 2nd party now) and Bayonetta 2 though I also heard Mistwalker were making a game for Wii U which sounds awesome, I'd like a sequel to "the last story" I really liked the cast in that game.

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
3 years ago#19
Monster Hunter & Rayman Legends.

Its just a shame they made me wait half a year to play Rayman cos it went multi platform.
GT: FullM3tal UK
MH TRI: C82UFA

User Info: stop3

stop3
3 years ago#20
I bought a Wii U (on launch day) because I wanted to play Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros. U.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why did you buy a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived