Nintendo now officially owns Timber the Tiger

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo now officially owns Timber the Tiger

User Info: iCarly22

iCarly22
3 years ago#1
You may remember a rumor back in June 2012 over at Zelda Informer about Nintendo negotiating with Microsoft about purchasing the Banjo-Kazooie IP. There was also wild speculation about a Diddy Kong Racing 2.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

Well, where there's smoke, there's fire.

I've heard some chatter from a few current Rare employees that Nintendo bought the character "Timber the Tiger" from Microsoft back in late October 2012 for a reasonable amount of money. That's right, Timber is no longer Rare/Microsoft owned. The character is now 100% Nintendo owned.

There are no plans to make a Diddy Kong Racing 2, but Timber will be making a few special appearances in some upcoming Nintendo published titles for 3DS and Wii U.

You'll be hearing more about Timber's cameos in an upcoming Nintendo Direct sometime next year.

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
3 years ago#2
who?

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
3 years ago#3
...Really? Quite an obscure choice if true, I just wonder exactly what they'd do with him.
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
3 years ago#4
Oh **** we got Timber! Your doomed Sony, And Microsoft you just made the dumbest mistake in your business history!
Game Set Match!
Game Over!
It's Done!
Check Mate!
Good Night!
Chuck Norris!
SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE!
Timber the ******* Tiger is back!
The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast.

User Info: VideoGamer1990

VideoGamer1990
3 years ago#5
For a second, I thought the title said, "Nintendo now officially owns Tony the Tiger". Took me a few seconds to remember Timber.
I got my wish for Breath of Fire VI.....but you know the rest. *sits in dark corner*
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641219

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#6
If they aimed for Rare, would have settled for Banjo, and walked away with Timber then negotiating with Microsoft is like trying to get the best of the Devil himself.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
3 years ago#7
Provide proof of said chatter, as this is quite obviously bull**** without sources.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: airfoemoe

airfoemoe
3 years ago#8
This would be great news if they could get Banjo-Kazooie back. Why would Microsoft even want Banjo-Kazooie? They have no idea what to even do with an I.P. like that.
1676-5089-4182 3DS FC Pokemon X

User Info: HermeticJustice

HermeticJustice
3 years ago#9
Dannyson97 posted...
Oh **** we got Timber! Your doomed Sony, And Microsoft you just made the dumbest mistake in your business history!
Game Set Match!
Game Over!
It's Done!
Check Mate!
Good Night!
Chuck Norris!
SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE!
Timber the ******* Tiger is back!

Deposit 25 cents

User Info: emeraldfox_09

emeraldfox_09
3 years ago#10
This makes me happy if it's true.
The Official Leafeon everywhere. Get at me
The most qualified Tails fanboy. Shauntal is <3
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo now officially owns Timber the Tiger

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived