I hate it when people say Nintendo doesn't make realistic games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I hate it when people say Nintendo doesn't make realistic games

User Info: Dash_Dash88

Dash_Dash88
3 years ago#31
Ahhh medieval times when we used to hurt each other with magic and fly around on pegasus, i remember that from my history lessons.
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Psn Dasha_UK Xbl,Dasha UK,3ds 0103-9935-6957

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
3 years ago#32
Nintendo is first and foremost a Japanese company that focuses primarily on self published game library capitalizing on the success of reusing their famous iconic characters through a multitude of series ranging from platform to sports to fighting to role playing to racing to mini party games etc.

This 'charm' of of the characters added with the family fun incentive of couch co-op multiplay has earned them success due to the fact that they are able to hit a wide range of demographics as opposed to something like The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto or Gears of War, which only hit a smaller demographic, despite their obvious success.
They can also do this with less of a budget than those games and still win out, so they dont feel the need to change whats not broken.

That being said, with the recent meh sales of Mario 3D World in Japan. perhaps it would be a good idea for them to start seeking out alternative paths of game design to pull in other gamers.

Problem is whenever they try to do that, they rarely support their titles properly (Xenoblade, The Last Story, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code R, Slashing of Reginleiv, Fatal Frame IV, Project Zero II Wii Edition etc)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I hate it when people say Nintendo doesn't make realistic games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived