Is Sonic Lost World fun?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Sonic Lost World fun?

User Info: helvetiaking

helvetiaking
3 years ago#1
I have heard that it got bad reviews but I was wondering if its really that bad. Sonic is one of my favorite game characters of all time and this game looks really fun in my opinion. I just want to know because I have some money saved up and was going to go buy this tomorrow.

Thanks!
"There is no greater victory than to fall from this world a free man."

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
3 years ago#2
I didn't like it. I've played to completion every Sonic game I've picked up (and the only one I haven't played at all is 2k6), and honestly, Lost World was the first one that I just couldn't be bothered to finish. Some of the others are probably worse than Lost World, but I never lost the motivation to continue on like I did with Lost World. I just don't think it's very fun for various reasons when it comes down to it, but it's objectively better built than some of the other titles.
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
3 years ago#3
It's quite a fun game even though some of the red rings are hellish, and the game itself doesn't have many real inherent flaws. The problem is it doesn't feel like a sonic game if this was a new IP that would have been a better fit, but when you go into a sonic game you expect things like momentum physics and speed platforming and a lot of the time that's not what you get.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
3 years ago#4
It's a fun Sonic game, not the best Sonic game but still not bad.
The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast.

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
3 years ago#5
Dannyson97 posted...

This.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom

User Info: Lemmywinks13

Lemmywinks13
3 years ago#6
SegavsCapcom posted...
Dannyson97 posted...

This.

I heard it got a patch that fixed some of it's issues. I got it for Christmas so I hope I like it. Plus it has Yoshi levels and soon to have Zelda levels. Free dlc. That should be cool.

User Info: The Wheelman1

The Wheelman1
3 years ago#7
Like Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Lost World has mixed reviews.

I liked it, but it reeks of experiments. Could potentially be good with some fine-tuning.
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#8
It's Sonic, so naturally its pretty crap.

User Info: EmbersOfElder

EmbersOfElder
3 years ago#9
It's not that great honestly. People saying its good for a Sonic game is like saying its good for an Adam Sandler movie.

User Info: TheIastspartan

TheIastspartan
3 years ago#10
DeathSoul2000 posted...
It's Sonic, so naturally its pretty crap.

Generations and Colors say hi.

But yeah, Lost World is meh. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but I don't see myself ever coming back to it or getting all those goddamn red rings.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Sonic Lost World fun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived