Curious... Would you be fine with absolutely zero third party games if it meant

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Curious... Would you be fine with absolutely zero third party games if it meant

User Info: ssjgohhku

ssjgohhku
3 years ago#11
No one cares about third party games anyway.

User Info: WaywardBiscuit

WaywardBiscuit
3 years ago#12
That would make me never get a nintendo system again.
George Likes Spicy Chicken

User Info: Lvthn

Lvthn
3 years ago#13
In theory, as a secondary console...yeah, maybe.

If we impose even a slight bit of reality, that's hundreds of IPs, many of which I can't imagine being made into anything other than shovelware. Are you really looking for Red Alarm 2, Gyromite 2, Mario's Time Machine 2, etc? Nintendo would have to expand by several orders of magnitude to produce a single AAA entry in just their more desirable 1st party franchises within a single generation.

But sure, in fantasy land that would add up to a couple dozen worthwhile games on the console, which would be worth it even in spite of the shovelware.

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
3 years ago#14
Absolutely not. the only 1st party games that I truly enjoy nowadays are Sony's (sorry Pokémon, you were fun but now you're basically rehashes). And I wouldn't buy a console with only Sony 1st party games on it. Third party games are necessary.
Accusing others of making death threats isn't offensive. Accusing someone of doing 9/11 is because it was in America. - GameFAQs admin

User Info: dante2k5

dante2k5
3 years ago#15
Well, I was pretty happy with the N64 during that era so, yeah, I'll probably be fine.

Not like I won't own every other system eventually anyways :p

User Info: dj-izzle

dj-izzle
3 years ago#16
tehponycorn posted...
Okay, honestly, then a bunch of games would be made. A BUNCH. Nintendo has somewhat over 100+ First Party IPs, so there'd be a bunch of different games using the Wii U to it's full potential.

I'm ok with this.

Actually some of them are 2nd, but I digress...

If they consistently came out with the games and don't do annual releases, I might consider going Nintendo+PC for the rest of time.. they have over 50 developers and most of them are not working at all... if they release games like Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Colluseum, Mario sport's and
game games they haven't used in a while, then yeah that would be awesome
"Got it memorized?"

User Info: HermeticJustice

HermeticJustice
3 years ago#17
as long as we got localizations of old games

namely Mother 3
fuzzy pickles

User Info: sonicfanaticjtb

sonicfanaticjtb
3 years ago#18
... Do I still get 3rd party games on the 3ds? I need Ace Attorney...
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"Tell that someone that you love, just what you're thinking of, if tomorrow never comes"

User Info: Frizzurd

Frizzurd
3 years ago#19
Better than the kind of shovelware we usually get.
---If you believe in shoving your religious beliefs down the throats of others on Gamefaqs 100%, then post this in your sig you brave, persecuted hero!---

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
3 years ago#20
Kinda... i'd miss some games, but still...
"E quem se importa com Smash Bros?" - uninformed fellow. That's why i love the Brazil board.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Curious... Would you be fine with absolutely zero third party games if it meant

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived