Curious... Would you be fine with absolutely zero third party games if it meant

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Curious... Would you be fine with absolutely zero third party games if it meant

User Info: shdwdrgnix

shdwdrgnix
3 years ago#21
3rd party games aren't really good anyways

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#22
No I would not trade Monster Hunter for Star Fox.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
3 years ago#23
King_Chadwick posted...
I honestly wouldn't mind. If it was 1st and 2nd party only. I have never bought a Nintendo system for 3rd party games.

so you didnt buy windwaker hd right? cause it is third party

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
3 years ago#24
In a heartbeat. I mean, in this situation my wallet would be absolutely empty, but it'd be worth it it. I love so many Nintendo franchises and like others have said that's like nearly 100 IPs that cover nearly every genre.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support

User Info: wombatkidd

wombatkidd
3 years ago#25
Retroxgamer0 posted...
King_Chadwick posted...
I honestly wouldn't mind. If it was 1st and 2nd party only. I have never bought a Nintendo system for 3rd party games.

so you didnt buy windwaker hd right? cause it is third party

Yeah, no. A first party game is one that the console maker funds and owns the IP to, not one the console maker develops. That seems to be a common misconception.

Also, even if that weren't true, Nintendo EAD was a co developer on Windwaker HD anyway.
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
3 years ago#26
At this point it's almost seeming like it would be worth it, as many third parties have become totally irrelevant. There was a time when I never would have given up Capcom and Konami, but now they don't make good games anymore so it doesn't really matter.
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.ca/ - Watch me play "GEN Cyberball"
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly

User Info: fuzi11

fuzi11
3 years ago#27
if that would happen, everyone would buy the Wii U and 3rd parties would come back

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
3 years ago#28
If you buy a Nintendo console for third-party games, you're going to have a bad time.

Well, maybe not necessarily third-party games but definitely multi-platform games. All the games I own for my Wii U are exclusive to the Wii U.
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Curious... Would you be fine with absolutely zero third party games if it meant

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived