For Nintendo consoles, do you care about 3rd party support?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. For Nintendo consoles, do you care about 3rd party support?

User Info: mashu

mashu
3 years ago#11
Mostly I play JRPGs, as well as Japanese third party titles such as those mostly found on the 3DS. I don't play platformers or party or local games anymore, so I get a few Nintendo games, but not as many as I used to. So yes, I do care about third party support - just not western third party support for the most part.

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#12
Multi-platform titles aren't a huge priority for me, but 3rd party exclusives are. My favorite game on Nintendo systems usually ends up being a 3rd party exclusive. Nintendo's 1st party titles are diverse and generally of great quality, but I look forward to the exclusive 3rd party games that land on Nintendo systems just as much, if not more.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: SSJMario

SSJMario
3 years ago#13
I really only buy Capcom, Square, and Nintendo games lately. Oh, and Metal Gears (solids and rising)
Why are you reading this?

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
3 years ago#14
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
3rd party games are consistently the best the industry has to offer with occasional exceptions. It's a pretty big deal imo.

And yet they failed to convince me the PS3 was worth buying because they (Konami & Square Enix) screwed up.

User Info: ShiNoBinn

ShiNoBinn
3 years ago#15
I care, it would be nice to be able to buy just one console, instead of having to buy another as well.
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."

User Info: Slimeknight

Slimeknight
3 years ago#16
I already have a Wii U but I want Nintendo or Square-Enix to translate the Dragon Quest X games.
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?

User Info: imamelia

imamelia
3 years ago#17
Of course. The problem is, there are nigh on zero third-party games not on the Wii U that I even would care about...pretty much every game that I know about that interests me is either a Nintendo game or a cross-platform indie game (and even the very few exceptions are PS3 or Xbox 360 games and not their successors'). So while I feel sorry for Nintendo not having more third-party support on the Wii U, if it did, it would have pretty much no bearing on what games I would get for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. For Nintendo consoles, do you care about 3rd party support?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived