The story of Monolith Soft's X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The story of Monolith Soft's X

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#11
Jaewong posted...

Ok, I take back what I said, that sounds weak. Who wants to just run around and do quests for the whole game!? That sounds terrible.

Skyrim, PSO, Dark Souls, and Monster Hunter, and pretty much any MMO ever? And some of these are the most loved and successful games of all time?

Sounds really terrible.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia

User Info: UponADarkThorne

UponADarkThorne
3 years ago#12
To be fair, shonen anime/manga is pretty varied.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Fist of the North Star are both shonen. :p Xenoblade wasn't as esoteric as the other Xeno games but I felt it still had a well-written story.
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914; NNID: MisterNoOne
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, Sliggoo

User Info: Jaewong

Jaewong
3 years ago#13
Kromlech06 posted...
Jaewong posted...
What do you mean by the story won't directly involve them and that your actions will affect what happens? Sounds awesome though.

It'll be like a western role playing game. You are the character, and you make your own choices that impact the game. The story won't be about them, their feelings, their personal goals, their family, their friends, or anything like that, but the NPCs will see them as a hero for fixing their problems.

For example, in Xenoblade, the story revolves around Shulk, his friends, and the people he meets. We learn about their lives and desires and fears. They are an integral part of the story.

Compare that with PSO. PSO is about the Pioneer 2 Colonial Ship, and you're just a hired hand who is able to navigate the alien world. Your character could be any of the available races or classes and it doesn't impact the story directly, but what you do specifically moves the story along (completing quests and whatnot). I expect X to be more like this.

That's what I hope to see anyway.

How in any way am i going to feel attached to the characters then? So your character is just a hollow tool to move the story along? that sounds like a terrible design choice. Why have any characters at all if that's the case?

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#14
Like I said, there's been plenty of well received games that follow the ideas I've stated. I don't think X is going to be like Xenoblade, as far as the format is concerned.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 years ago#15
AceMos posted...
Jaewong posted...
AceMos posted...
uh id not call xenoblade a shonen story

Takahashi stated himself that the story of Xenoblade was a shounen.

source?

you going to respond to this tc
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Naruto

Naruto
3 years ago#16
Kromlech06 posted...
Skyrim, PSO, Dark Souls, and Monster Hunter, and pretty much any MMO ever? And some of these are the most loved and successful games of all time?

Sounds really terrible.
While I do enjoy Demons' Souls, MH, Western and MMORPGs, X better not be a MH-type game. It does sound really terrible.

User Info: SuigintouEV

SuigintouEV
3 years ago#17
Kromlech06 posted...
Actually I expect it to have user-made characters, ala PSO or Dark Souls or Monster Hunter. The story and narrative won't involve them directly, but the actions they do will have an impact on what happens.

Well that would certifiably lose my sale
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II

User Info: Brasen

Brasen
3 years ago#18
I just can't see that with Takahashi. Xenogears/saga/blade all have main protagonist that are heavily focused upon. Which imo is kinda needed when you have deep stories questioning the fabrics of humanity and the reasons of our existence and how we fight on and overcome.

But it might be because I've also never been a fan of silent main characters. Sure I understand the game creator wants me to feel and think like im the person im playing as... but honestly that's just not interesting to me. I don't feel like im interesting because im me 100% in real life. I play games to escape me. To explore someone else's actions or thoughts. So yeah im somewhat biased/against X having a hollow shell for a main character(s).

User Info: 21_21

21_21
3 years ago#19
Emerald_Melios posted...
21_21 posted...
It won't be Xenoblade. It will be rated M. It will have violence. It will have gore. It will have booze. Lots and lots of booze. Oh and sex. Lots and lots of sex.

Oh, and lets not forget mechas.

Will the mechas be having sex and doing drugs?

Of course. Did you even have to ask? It should be obvious! This game will actually be called XXX!
Playing: Paper Mario, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!

User Info: samuraigaiden

samuraigaiden
3 years ago#20
It will be more crazy non-sense from the makers of Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The story of Monolith Soft's X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived