How optimistic are you about Zelda WiiU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How optimistic are you about Zelda WiiU?

User Info: sketchturner

sketchturner
3 years ago#1
How optimistic are you about Zelda WiiU? - Results (317 votes)
It will be awesome!!
49.84% (158 votes)
I am very cautiously optimistic.
30.6% (97 votes)
I don't expect it to be very good, but I hope to be wrong.
12.3% (39 votes)
It will be bad.
7.26% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious what people's expectations are at this point.
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

User Info: Inhorealisti

Inhorealisti
3 years ago#2
After skyward sword, i don't expect it to be very good.

User Info: OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey
3 years ago#3
I enjoyed what I played of SS, forgot why I didn't finish but something I really want for the series is to make some dramatic changes. I feel as though the fanbase is what's holding it back.
Oh he so Pringles where yo curleh mustache at!?

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
3 years ago#4
It's a rather stagnant series. They'll try new art styles and throw in a new gimmick / gameplay choice every now and then (boat travel, train travel, motion controls, playing up nostalgia, etc.), but it never feels fresh. I'm expecting it to be of suitable quality, but I don't expect it to amaze me.
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#5
I've been playing them since the NES, and I've yet to play a Zelda I didn't like. I expect this trend to continue.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: darklink67

darklink67
3 years ago#6
Skyward Sword lowered my expectation for zelda games dramatically. Not very optimistic at all.

User Info: rindain

rindain
3 years ago#7
I'm very afraid that it'll use a bland, repetitive art style like the NSMB series and Tropical Freeze, since simple graphics seems to be Nintendo's MO these days...

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 years ago#8
You all know it has the biggest nintendo development and production team ever assembled working on it and is the most expensive game Nintendo had ever made- right?
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Inhorealisti

Inhorealisti
3 years ago#9
Jonbazookaboz posted...
You all know it has the biggest nintendo development and production team ever assembled working on it and is the most expensive game Nintendo had ever made- right?

Well kinda different situation now than before. Besides they probably will ruin game with gimmick controls.

User Info: rindain

rindain
3 years ago#10
I really, really hope the game is less cartoony than Skyward Sword (man I hated how those goblins looked).

If it IS cartoony, it should go all-out cartoon like Wind Waker, not some awkward halfbreed like SS.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How optimistic are you about Zelda WiiU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived