Question about transferring virtual console games to Wii U.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Question about transferring virtual console games to Wii U.

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
3 years ago#1
If I buy an SD card, put all my VC games that I bought on my Wii on it, can I transfer them to my Wii U?
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 years ago#2
Synbios459 posted...
If I buy an SD card, put all my VC games that I bought on my Wii on it, can I transfer them to my Wii U?

U need the sd card. However u need to perform an actual system transfer (via the wii u options and the transfer app in the wii) Its not just a case of swapping data via the sd card. The data is tied to the console.
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
3 years ago#3
Hmm...So I have a lot of VC games that I bought but not all are downloaded to my Wii, so should I download all of them on my Wii and then do the transfer? Thing is since from what I read it has to be on the Wii console itself I don't think my Wiis internal memory has enough free space to allow me to have ALL my VC games downloaded at once, so can I download all what I can, transfer that, then download the rest and transfer again?

Also, since it says it deletes everything from the Wii, including saves after transfer can I copy my saves to a separate SD card not used in the transfer process, then when I'm finished transferring everything over copy the saves back to the Wii? Reason being is I currently still use mods such as Project M for Brawl and would like to keep my Brawl save on my Wii so I can still have everything unlocked. I don't care for any other saves though.
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Question about transferring virtual console games to Wii U.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived