Looking for more party games: Wii Party U or Mario Party 9?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Looking for more party games: Wii Party U or Mario Party 9?

User Info: linkboy447

linkboy447
3 years ago#1
I really want some more party games for my Wii U. I have NintendoLand (love it so much!), Mario 3D World, and NSMBU.

Which one should I get? Or any other suggestions? Wii U or Wii is fine

User Info: Blazikenite

Blazikenite
3 years ago#2
I've heard bad things about the changes in MP9. If you don't have MP8, it's on the Wii and a bit more traditional, if you will.

User Info: skaz9000

skaz9000
3 years ago#3
I'd probably suggest Wii Party U over MP9. MP9 has lost all of its strategy on the board with the new method of moving all as a group. The minigames are pretty cool though, especially the "boss battles".

Wii Party U has a very large selection for whatever mood the crowd's in. Admittedly I haven't explored too many of the choices beyond our quickly-decided favorites though.

User Info: Steven010702

Steven010702
3 years ago#4
Mario Party 9 is extremely luck based. The minigames are good, but they feel too and far in between since it's not a mini game after every turn. Wii Party U is pretty fun for the most part. There's more variety than Mario Party 9, but the minigames aren't as good. If you are looking for a good game with a bunch of friends, I might suggest Sonic All Stars Racing: Transformed.
I lost the game!

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
3 years ago#5
Wii Party U is way better then MP9.

I usually prefer the MP games because of the charme, but 9 is really pretty weak, and Party U has a ton of contend.
No More Heroes

User Info: linkboy447

linkboy447
3 years ago#6
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll go with Wii Party U. Comes with a wiimote plus too right? good deal.... just played the heck out of nintendoland lol

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
3 years ago#7
Yes, at least here in Germany Wii Party U comes with a remote plus for the same price as a standalone game.

On a sidenote, i also strongly recommend Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed.

Depending on your tastes and the audience you're playing with, TANK! TANK! TANK! and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 are also good party games.

T!T!T!'s VS mode feels a lot like a better Mario Kart VS, and there are 3 little campaigns where you can fight giant monsters together.

Black Ops 2 offers 4 player splitscreen with bots and plenty of options to make the game more party friendly (turn off health regeneration, turn health to 200%, make seeing other players on the radar constant....).
No More Heroes
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Looking for more party games: Wii Party U or Mario Party 9?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived