Favourite Mario Kart Installment?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Favourite Mario Kart Installment?

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
2 years ago#31
yoshinatsu666 posted...
I think Mario Kart 7 has the best map design, and probably the best balance with the different characters and karts, so I think that's my favorite one so far.

I agree. But the battle mode was lame, and the single player (while not awful) was pretty bare-bones after the DS one.
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief

User Info: yoshinatsu666

yoshinatsu666
2 years ago#32
stargazer64 posted...
yoshinatsu666 posted...
I think Mario Kart 7 has the best map design, and probably the best balance with the different characters and karts, so I think that's my favorite one so far.

I agree. But the battle mode was lame, and the single player (while not awful) was pretty bare-bones after the DS one.

That is true, yes. But its online mode is a huge plus, and it adds a hell lot of replayability to it. I've had tons of fun with it. I also like their "older tracks" selection, they've pretty much chosen all my favorite tracks of the past and remixed them pretty nicely.

Also, somehow I feel like the drifting controls and its boost mechanic have been really fine-tuned on this release, at least compared to Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, and ESPECIALLY Double Dash.

User Info: DeltaProj

DeltaProj
2 years ago#33
Personally, I think they gradually get better. I tried going back to playing the original, and hated how it controlled. 64 also feels pretty dated to me.
All my base are...broken :(

User Info: Gensokyo

Gensokyo
2 years ago#34
Double Dash. The others aren't even close.
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
2 years ago#35
yoshinatsu666 posted...
stargazer64 posted...
yoshinatsu666 posted...

That is true, yes. But its online mode is a huge plus, and it adds a hell lot of replayability to it. I've had tons of fun with it. I also like their "older tracks" selection, they've pretty much chosen all my favorite tracks of the past and remixed them pretty nicely.

Also, somehow I feel like the drifting controls and its boost mechanic have been really fine-tuned on this release, at least compared to Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, and ESPECIALLY Double Dash.

Agreed on all points.
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief

User Info: ThunderPotato

ThunderPotato
2 years ago#36
Tie between Super and Double Dash
Now Playing: Quake

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
2 years ago#37
Mario Kart 8 looks like it could become my favorite, but at the moment it's Mario Kart Arcade GP2.

User Info: atopp399

atopp399
2 years ago#38
N64 I would say. Though I enjoyed Rainbow Road in the SNES days when it was actually really hard.
Hiten Mitsurugi S 2 years ago#39
64> DS> 7 >DD>SNES>SC>WII
Smash 4 for Wii U!

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
2 years ago#40
7, DS or 64.
Have to own a system to not say anything good about it. But to call it bad and attack its fans? Don't even need to try it. That's DoubleStandardsFAQs
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Favourite Mario Kart Installment?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived