GBA titles cost 6.29 GBP in the UK. Released next week.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. GBA titles cost 6.29 GBP in the UK. Released next week.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#41
Questionmarktarius posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Thats over $10 US for a wiiu only gba game...

Supposedly, the US prices are $8.

Still, the rent is too damn high.

Not really when the prices vary and if $8 is the highest thats a fair price for really popular titles. The only flaw is if we dont get them on the 3DS
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)

User Info: Mandrew257

Mandrew257
3 years ago#42
monkeyspoon posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
Only 6.49? I expected them to cost more to be honest. I don't think it's that expensive considering it's not as old as the N64 or SNES or NES.

However it would be nice if we could just download the games that we own. Oh well. Tell me, does Sony's version of this extend to their PSP games? I was under the assumption that you had to rebuy PSP games if you owned the physical version to play them on the Vita.

Plus I'm pretty sure I'd have to rebuy the PS2 classics on the PS3 despite owning some of them.

With Sony, digital releases carry over across platforms. For example PS1 games can be played on PS3, PSP and vita without rebuying them. PSP games are playable on PSP and if the vita supports them, vita too. You don't need to rebuy them.

Yet for some reason you can't play the PS1 Spyro's and Crash Bandicoot's on Vita. -_-
How Nintendo chooses their weekly VC games: http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/877/3426/original.jpg?w=600&h
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257

User Info: mcsmellington

mcsmellington
3 years ago#43
Baha05 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

Not really when the prices vary and if $8 is the highest thats a fair price for really popular titles. The only flaw is if we dont get them on the 3DS

They only vary by a dollar don't they?

In the UK there doesn't seem to be any variation at all. £6.29 isn't a fair price for any of the games announced, in my opinion.
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington

Baha05
3 years ago#44
Yeah though we only have a small number of titles known so that variation could dip as low as say 5 or 6 bucks.

And I am not going to get into the UK prices as honeslty UK seems more expensivr for gaming the the US and even then we still have a small number of titltes announced. Nintendo has also been good at price variations for handheld games so I could see all their handeld VC being at least $2-15 bucks from GB to DS
Questionmarktarius 3 years ago#45
Baha05 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

If there was some sort of actual cross-buy, or at the very least a competent "account" system, all of the VC prices would start looking just about right.

mcsmellington
3 years ago#46
Baha05 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

If there was some sort of actual cross-buy, or at the very least a competent "account" system, all of the VC prices would start looking just about right.

Definitely this. You're not getting enough for what they're charging.

Baha05
3 years ago#47
True but even on their own the prices are good, even better if the variations on prices are going to be more then a buck

User Info: Sevyne

Sevyne
3 years ago#48
You keep mentioning these variations, but I"m not seeing it at all. Regardless; Saying the prices are "good" on their own is ridiculous because they simply aren't.

Baha05
3 years ago#49
Sevyne posted...
You keep mentioning these variations, but I"m not seeing it at all. Regardless; Saying the prices are "good" on their own is ridiculous because they simply aren't.

On one of the news sites reporting on it some games are $7. And given we have only a few titles and given Nintendos GB and GBC vc its safe to say these titles will be varied in prices.

And aside from cross download yes the prices are fair, just like most VC prices are fair. The only thing wrong with any VC prices is mainly dependant on the quality of a game. Something like NES Donkey Kong should be around $2 bucks

mcsmellington
3 years ago#50
Baha05 posted...
Sevyne posted...

On one of the news sites reporting on it some games are $7. And given we have only a few titles and given Nintendos GB and GBC vc its safe to say these titles will be varied in prices.

And aside from cross download yes the prices are fair, just like most VC prices are fair. The only thing wrong with any VC prices is mainly dependant on the quality of a game. Something like NES Donkey Kong should be around $2 bucks

You're honestly the first person I think I've seen that's said the price is fair for these. Everybody else seems to agree that they're far to expensive for what they are.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. GBA titles cost 6.29 GBP in the UK. Released next week.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived