Going to pick up a Wiiu on Thursday, what should I get with it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Going to pick up a Wiiu on Thursday, what should I get with it?

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 years ago#1
Theres a promotion for the wiiu starting Apr 3rd (wiiu+ nintendo land+ skylanders for 260 aud)
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/138849
^ I figure I should pick it up now instead of waiting because I was going to eventually buy one anyway and 260 is a pretty good price

I have Mario 3d land and Wonderful 101 coming from amazon uk, Im thinking of picking up donkey kong country, how is it?

I usually host gaming nights, what are some fun local co op games?
Here are some genres my friends and I enjoy
- 2d platforming (I'll most likely pick up new super mario bros because I had a ton of fun with the wii version)
- rail shooter (house of the dead)
- casual fighters with a lot of depth (ssbm, naruto gnt4)
- trading card games (the last time I local play one of these was back in the GBA yugioh days)
- fast paced party games (bishi bashi, crash bash... we didnt like mario party because a game takes too long)

ps- Would I need a screen protector for the tablet?
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: Project Mayhem

Project Mayhem
3 years ago#2
Oh snap! I thought this was ginna be an April fools joke

User Info: Pontificus32390

Pontificus32390
3 years ago#3
Definitely pick up Tropical Freeze, sounds like you would enjoy it.
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360

lambchips
3 years ago#4
Project Mayhem posted...
Oh snap! I thought this was ginna be an April fools joke

yeah, I usually dont like posting things on the 1st or 2nd of Apr (2nd because of the time difference)
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: Sux138

Sux138
3 years ago#5
Game & Wario might float your boat

User Info: Darth_Elusive

Darth_Elusive
3 years ago#6
What to get with your new Wii U?
A PS4 or XBOX One if you don't already have gaming PC and want to play third party game.
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite

lambchips
3 years ago#7
Darth_Elusive posted...
hat to get with your new Wii U?
A PS4 or XBOX One if you don't already have gaming

I have a gaming pc, though tbh I dont really like most modern AAA titles (the only gaming I do with my PC nowadays is indie gaming, my pc is mainly for video editing and graphics design)

User Info: Pontificus32390

Pontificus32390
3 years ago#8
another good coop game is Trine 2
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360

User Info: Motobug321

Motobug321
3 years ago#9
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite games of all time, no exaggeration. You should definitely get it.

Also, Nintendo Land sounds right up your alley for a fast-paced party game.

EDIT: Also, Pikmin 3 is an amazing game. It doesn't really fit with any of your criteria, but it's worth checking out regardless.

DOUBLE EDIT: Ah, I see you're already getting Nintendo Land. My mistake. In that case, I also recommend Wii Party U or Game & Wario. Both good party games.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Going to pick up a Wiiu on Thursday, what should I get with it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived