MK8 Accused of Racism, Poor Sales Potential, and Ruining Battle Mode

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. MK8 Accused of Racism, Poor Sales Potential, and Ruining Battle Mode

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
3 years ago#451
Let's just say that anyone that thinks America is a horrible racist society has never taken a good look at the Middle-East.
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk
TF874 posted...
Vyers posted...
Mr_Delcroix posted...
Honestly I have no idea why people get so angry when certain things they enjoy don't cater to their sex or race.

My favorite show, Madoka Magica, has a cast that is 99% female, and you don't see me crying about it. It's because I don't let stupid garbage like that bother me, it doesn't matter, it won't matter in two hundred years and it won't matter two hundred years after that. You can't tell me that these people aren't crying for attention, especially when they do the SAME EXACT DAMN THING when the people they're screaming at actually listen.

You cannot please these hordes, the only way to win the game is obvious: Never ever giving them attention to begin with.

Well, it does king of help that if you were upset about Magical Madocka, you could without even trying find another anime that is not dominantly female.

Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Paranoia Agent (I'm a real big fan of this one, check it out!)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dragon Ball

Anime is a bit more diverse than other fictional mediums with respect to gender, but that's because there are genres that typically lend themselves to a female cast of characters (magical girl anime and slice of life anime).

Lol the only two black people that were in Dragon Ball were designed in a very stereotypical way and the same for that Indian guy.

I know Mr. Popo was one black character, who was the other?
"If the day does not require an AK, it is good." The Great Warrior Poet, Ice Cube

User Info: Welles

Welles
3 years ago#453
Unversed66 posted...
Welles posted...
Lilisphere posted...
There are people that go around looking to be offended. And the biggest racist in the room is usually the first person that cries racism.

So all those Blacks and Jews that marched on Washington for equality were just big racists?

No, go be stupid somewhere else. >.>

He/she means when someone see's racism where it doesn't exist.

You're the one being "stupid," joining in with a lopsided view of social justice. A social stigma, or blight, based upon a pattern of what another perceives as being a social norm does not make it so.
She ran. And when she finally stopped ... it was, as if, she had collapsed into the sun.

User Info: Scarlettail

Scarlettail
3 years ago#454
I don't see it as racist to omit races like Nintendo does, nor do I mind much, but it is true that their characters are often lacking in diversity and generally look similar. Having a larger variety of characters just makes a cast better and more appealing.
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#455
DifferentialEquation posted...
I know Mr. Popo was one black character, who was the other?

I forget his name but he was one of the higher ranking officers in the Red Ribbon Army.
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."

User Info: TF874

TF874
3 years ago#456
There was that one black guy who was in the Red Ribbon Army who had the biggest lips. His name was also Staff Officer Black.

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
3 years ago#457
When was Obama oppressed? He was pretty well-off growing up, if I recall.

What about the fact that 92% of political positions in the US are white men? "Obama is president" isn't a fact that ends racism. Without the black vote, Obama would not have been elected. It wasn't just the fact that Obama was black but also the fact that he wasn't Romney (in the last election). Obama was good at what he did. Just because horrible racists don't control the country does not change the fact that we are far from an equal society. Tell me when someone comes from poverty and enters the oval office.
Couple o' YouTube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNegativeHippie http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear

User Info: Unversed66

Unversed66
3 years ago#458
Welles posted...
Unversed66 posted...
Welles posted...
Lilisphere posted...
There are people that go around looking to be offended. And the biggest racist in the room is usually the first person that cries racism.

So all those Blacks and Jews that marched on Washington for equality were just big racists?

No, go be stupid somewhere else. >.>

He/she means when someone see's racism where it doesn't exist.

You're the one being "stupid," joining in with a lopsided view of social justice. A social stigma, or blight, based upon a pattern of what another perceives as being a social norm does not make it so.

What to explain to me what my lopsided view on social justice was? I don't remember ever talking about that sort of thing in here. >.>

User Info: Vyers

Vyers
3 years ago#459
TF874 posted...
There was that one black guy who was in the Red Ribbon Army who had the biggest lips. His name was also Staff Officer Black.

His stupid design aside, I liked Assistant Black (stupid name). He was a neat villain.
Couple o' YouTube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNegativeHippie http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
3 years ago#460
Scarlettail posted...
I don't see it as racist to omit races like Nintendo does, nor do I mind much, but it is true that their characters are often lacking in diversity and generally look similar. Having a larger variety of characters just makes a cast better and more appealing.

You mean to say that the Mario Kart roster isn't varied enough?

OK, I'll give you Mario Kart 8's roster, what with the five babies, seven nearly identical Koopalings and Metal Mario/Peach, but Mario Kart Wii's roster was plenty varied.
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. MK8 Accused of Racism, Poor Sales Potential, and Ruining Battle Mode

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived