Anyone for more betrayals from Nintendo?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone for more betrayals from Nintendo?

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
3 years ago#1
Nintendo should make habit of this. Granted Devil's Third needs work but it looks like it could be good if Nintendo give Valhalla the time to polish it.

How do you guys feel about this? Would you rather have 10 multiplats of varying quality Fifa, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Doom, Battlefield etc. or Nintendo to steal games from Sony and Microsoft because nobody else wants them Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third?

For me its a no brainer. Quality >>>>>> quantity. I would take 2 great third party exclusives than 20 multiplats which are being cut short due to being built for multiple systems.

User Info: bskiffington

bskiffington
3 years ago#2
quickposter posted...
Nintendo should make habit of this. Granted Devil's Third needs work but it looks like it could be good if Nintendo give Valhalla the time to polish it.

How do you guys feel about this? Would you rather have 10 multiplats of varying quality Fifa, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Doom, Battlefield etc. or Nintendo to steal games from Sony and Microsoft because nobody else wants them Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third?

For me its a no brainer. Quality >>>>>> quantity. I would take 2 great third party exclusives than 20 multiplats which are being cut short due to being built for multiple systems.

If the Wii U was strong enough, we could have both those multi plats and the games that nobody else wants.
Currently Playing: Battlefield 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch_Dogs
3DS FC: 0903 2772 7972 | NID and Gamer Tag: Bskiffington | PSN: Scrubkidskiffy

User Info: KevaSan

KevaSan
3 years ago#3
I have a Wii U for dat awesome Nintendo exclusives, and I have a PC for my multiplats, which is pretty fine for me.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
3 years ago#4
Was Devil's Third really a betrayal though? THQ went belly up. Anybody could have chosen to pick up the funding and publishing rights for Devil's Third. The game has been off of the gaming hype grid for what seems like years. I just hope that it turns out to be a solid title for Wii U. This was one of the Wii U games from the show that I was actually relieved it didn't have a release date. As that live demo that I saw didn't even look as nice as the trailer for Devil's Third from a few years ago.

Edit: To be more specific I'm talking about fluid pose to pose animation transitions. Also the enemy A.I. looked straight up...dead before they were even killed. The game from what I've seen so far looks infinitely more exciting in trailer form. I need to see a lot more.

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
3 years ago#5
bskiffington posted...
quickposter posted...

If the Wii U was strong enough, we could have both those multi plats and the games that nobody else wants.

Devil's Third for PC, 360 and PS3 - "man, that game looks AWESOME! Poor Wii U can't handle it!"

Devil's Third announced as Wii U exclusive - "nobody wants that crap game."
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.

User Info: Naruto

Naruto
3 years ago#6
darkjedilink posted...
Devil's Third for PC, 360 and PS3 - "man, that game looks AWESOME! Poor Wii U can't handle it!"

Nobody ever said that. Well, I guess you did since you're being quoted. What a hypocrite.

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
3 years ago#7
bskiffington posted...

You realize power is a scapegoat to justify business decisions right? Its sales.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
3 years ago#8
quickposter posted...
bskiffington posted...

You realize power is a scapegoat to justify business decisions right? Its sales.

Whilst true, console power does influence a large number of sales to begin with. But yes shouldn't be a main focus as to why games aren't ported.

Personally I'd argue that having architecture different from the PC/watered down PC architecture the others have is probably a bigger factor as it's more effort to port over these multiplats.

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
3 years ago#9
Naruto posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Nobody ever said that. Well, I guess you did since you're being quoted. What a hypocrite.

A bunch of people said it after the THQ closing, as a response to Nintendo "fanboys" hoping Nintendo would finance the game.
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.

User Info: KungFuPhil

KungFuPhil
3 years ago#10
darkjedilink posted...

I have never heard of Devil's Third until yesterday and I consider myself a pretty informed gamer. I don't think anyone on the PS3 board was clamoring over Devil's Third.
PSN: Moar_Shtick
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone for more betrayals from Nintendo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived