Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

User Info: Cyrax2286

Cyrax2286
3 years ago#271
Sigh* No one is actually explaining the full situation with ME3.

ME was originally only on 360 and PC, ME2 released on 360/PC, ME2 is announced 6 months later for PS3, ME2 on PS3 releases 1 year after 360 and PC, MS had publishing rights to ME1, so no ME1 on PS3, PS3 version sells around 1 mil copies, (not all DLC was included some was sold separately).

ME3 is announced for 360, PC and PS3, ME3 released Mar. 2012 <--, ME3 has good sales on all platforms, but due to controversy(ending) all story DLC is postponed and extended cut started development , extended cut releases 4 months later (July). August 28, 1st story DLC is released, a few weapon DLCs are released. ME3 releases alongside the Wii Us launch on November 18 2012. Since ME1 and 2 weren't released on Wii U, Genesis 2 was added, which no other version had at the time, from ashes(including N7 weapons, outfits, which other platforms had to pay for in a deluxe edition version of a game), extended cut, a weapon pack(not free on other versions), and 3 multiplayer DLCs. GP use added for Wii U(was ok). Wii U sales are not good, EA drops support for ME3 Wii U. 2nd story DLC releases November 28.

" But the trilogy", the trilogy was already released on 360 /PC before the Wii U version was even announced, "But i could get it cheaper elsewhere", so could PS3 owners and they could have bought ME1 elsewhere as well, but they didn't, they bought ME2 and 3, and when they announced the trilogy, PS3 got the trilogy as well including ME1. "but they didn't add leviathan", a game goes gold a month before release, during this time a game gets certified and put into print(disk), also during this time nothing is added, and a before that its mainly polish and glitch/bug removal. All DLC prior to August was included, including a weapon pack that released early August. leviathan is not a small DLC, so it was probably too late to add.

User Info: ND3s

ND3s
3 years ago#272
Wow this topic really blew up after I left. In a way the people who say it is Nintendo's fault are right.They remember the Nintendo of the Nes days that help them in a death grip. It prevented them from making money. there is even a rumor that Nintendo prevented third parties from making games for the Virtual Boy so that they could control the ecosystem for games.They hold Nintendo up to that image of the past. Since the gamecube Nintendo has been very open ,compared to before, about third parties.They remember and so the bias is there.Third parties are also the cause of the droughts on 3DS and Wii U.Nintendo left open spaces in their release schedules so that third parties could have time to shine and not be intimidated by Nintendo first party games.
Next generation started November 18th,2012
Former NeoGaf user Name and current NNID:NandN3DS

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#273
@Cyrax2286

Overall ME3 was a poor choice and yeah it should have been thought to do the trilogy rather the worst entry in the series.
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS

ND3s
3 years ago#274
Bump, for the truth.

User Info: Cyrax2286

Cyrax2286
3 years ago#275
Baha05 posted...
@Cyrax2286

Overall ME3 was a poor choice and yeah it should have been thought to do the trilogy rather the worst entry in the series.

Clearly, because porting games is free and easy, -_-

So even though Wii U fanboys complain that ME3 is a old game, you want them to port older games and more of them?

The Wii U had only just launched, (considering ME3 flopped on Wii U), you would have wanted them to spend even more time and money porting to the Wii U?, No one knew how well the Wii U would have sold or how many of those Wii U would have cared about the ME series, since its never been on a nintendo console. ME3 was released on Wii U to test the waters, and even then it was risk. But using your logic they should take even bigger risks based upon unknowns.

You forget, opinion =/= fact

ND3s
3 years ago#276
Anymore new comments about what I said? This is still a topic worth discussing.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived