Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

User Info: brentendo3

brentendo3
3 years ago#1
I like MetroidOtherM2 but I want to try and break it and this looks like a fun way.

I think Metroid Other M is a bad game because the d pad makes it hard to control.

User Info: MaouSado

MaouSado
3 years ago#2
It kills one of the primary "genres" of Metroid - Exploration

User Info: R_Hunter

R_Hunter
3 years ago#3
It's a bad game because it takes Samus's strong character that was built up over several games, and has it killed and put on display.

It's a bad game because the logic sucks at times. "We're sending you into a hot area. No you can't have your Varia suit, why do you ask?"

I can go on.
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board

User Info: Dlite83

Dlite83
3 years ago#4
Metroid other M is a great game (I thought) but what I don't understand is why does Nintendo neglect what made the original games so great which is 2D gameplay (just like Zelda) Nintendo needs to make a 2D Metroid with amazing 2D graphics....that would be great (maybe a 0-6 hour games with all secret and everything...(On the WII U of course)

User Info: MaouSado

MaouSado
3 years ago#5
Dlite83 posted...
Metroid other M is a great game (I thought) but what I don't understand is why does Nintendo neglect what made the original games so great which is 2D gameplay (just like Zelda) Nintendo needs to make a 2D Metroid with amazing 2D graphics....that would be great (maybe a 0-6 hour games with all secret and everything...(On the WII U of course)

I personally liked Other M's 2.5D style, but the rest was an abortion.

User Info: MetroidJunkie

MetroidJunkie
3 years ago#6
It's way too linear, you have to beat the game to skip cut-scenes, their attempt to justify the upgrade mechanic is badly written, the obligatory pixel hunts are always a pain, having to flip the wii-mote to aim and fire missiles is disorientating, and I'd much rather have health pickups than Concentrating. It's not a terrible game, though, just well below my expectations for the series. If it was just some generic game, it wouldn't be so bad but you expect more from a game that bares the Metroid name.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: DrRM

DrRM
3 years ago#7
coughaltcough...

meh! this again, sorry TC this kind of thread aren't as effective as before. you want 500 post go troll wii u mom or something...

know what, just say some dumb thing about wii u and you and there you got food for a month.

on topic, emmm!!! it cheat on me with my cat :| does that count ?_?
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."

User Info: FreezinIceKirby

FreezinIceKirby
3 years ago#8
Here's one I'm pretty much alone on; I didn't like Samus' finishing moves. Everyone says how they look so badass and whatnot, but to me, they're usually too over-the top and anime-like for my likings... and besides that, I just don't think they fit the character.

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
3 years ago#9
This game does not have my authorization

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
3 years ago#10
Wii remote on its side on a 3D game. I personally hate that control scheme. Seems like the Wii U hasn't learned from it though and is even going more backwards considering Mario Party 10 (requiring to use a last gen controller).
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived